It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
(female)

dingdang HB User
Red Blister Spot!! Bleed Profusely!!!

Hi, just wondered if anyone else had this problem!!! My 7 yr old daughter recently had a little blister type spot come up on her back. I took her to the doctor who said it was the beginning of a wart and he gave me some cream that he said would get rid of it!!! It didnt, it just burnt the skin surronding it!!! Anyway, over the course of a few weeks the spot had increased in size and had started to look like a big red skin tag!!! One day, for no apparent reason she started to get stinging there and when i looked i saw that it had really started to bleed(profusely)!!! I took her to the doctor who said it was fine and to just keep a dressing on it!!! The next day upon changing the dressing the thing started to bleed again(a lot more than the first time) I took her straight to a+e. The doctors there were quite concerned as they also could not get this thing to stop bleeding!!! As you can imagine, by this time i had really started to panic!!! They finally sent down to the theatre and put this silver strip thing on it which is used in operations and it helps wounds to clot!!! This worked fine and we went home. A couple of days later when i took the dressing off, i was mortified as the thing had grown about 10x in size!!!! And you guessed it!!! started to bleed again!! I rushed her to the doctor who sent me with a letter to casualty!! Once there she was admitted straight away as it would not stop bleeding!!! The next morning she had to have a general anesthetic whilst they removed the thing!!! It turned out to be a Pyrogenic Granuloma, which is a group of blood vessels which(for no apparent reason)start to grow on the outside of the skin!!! She now has a little scar on her back, where the spot used to be!! And all is well!!! Just wondered if anyone else out there had had a similar experience as i had never heard of anything like this before!!????? The spot actually looked in the finish like a big strawberry!!! Really!!! Very strange indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2006, 02:57 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User
Re: Red Blister Spot!! Bleed Profusely!!!

Hi,

My daughter had the same thing when she was 8 years old - on the side of her face near her ear. The doctor said they are sometimes caused by a bite, or some kind of irritation. It was summer, and I think there was a mosquito bite there.
It did bleed alot also. I thought she was pickiing at it, and not letting it heal, but it was a pyrogenic granuloma.
Since it was on her face, it was removed by a plactic surgeon. I can't even see a scar anymore.

marymk

Old 09-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #3
(female)

dingdang HB User
Re: Red Blister Spot!! Bleed Profusely!!!

Thanks for reply!!!! It is very reassuring to finally hear of someone else who has had this thing also!!! Before this i had never heard of anything like it!!!! Glad your daughter is fine now!!!

Closed Thread