It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2006, 05:43 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lookinforanswer HB User
Lightbulb Tiny raised bumps on my neck, shoulder and upper arms......

Hi,

Here is a good one if anyone can answer....

Went to Florida for 2 weeks, the last week that I was there I had collected these little tiny raised bumps on the back of my neck, shoulders, a little on the top of my back and my arms about half way down the top of my arms.

They don't itch, they don't hurt, but when my husband scratches my back they hurt. They are not red, they are a little rough, but not hard, they almost feel like when you get goose bumps.

Anyway I got home from Florida today back in Michigan and I had to take a shower, well, the bumps are still there. I was hoping that when I showered that they would go away.

I used the same soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, everything as I would have here, so I know it is not an allergic reaction to anything.

Can anyone tell me what this could be, I came across something on the web about Keratosis Pilaris, but the pictures I seen, the bumps were red, you can't tell I have these bumps unless you feel them.

I am dumbfounded and lost.

Thanks,
Lookinforanswer

Old 10-04-2006, 10:08 PM   #2
(female)

Kistome HB User
Re: Tiny raised bumps on my neck, shoulder and upper arms......

Hi there,
Well I was on the boards tonight searching for someone who has something similar to what I have and guess what?? You're it.

Anyway....I too have these teeny tiny bumps that begin on my upper arms, shoulders (both) neck, chest and even on my face. I went to the dermatologist about 3 weeks ago and he said it was eczema. It's driving me crazy though. I have had this since beginning of August and it actually started when it was our humid season here in Arizona (August) and I had worn a long sleeve shirt to work that day. When I came home after being hot in my long sleeve shirt, I noticed a ton of little bumps on my upper arms. It's now Oct. and while still hot here in AZ (100 degrees) I still have these bumps and they seem like they are in patches, while some of them are scattered like and they itch like crazy. They come and go in different areas, some will clear up only to appear in other areas of my arms, neck etc. A week ago it was the worst yet, it appeared on my face, and was like very red, bumpy and allergic rash looking.

I don't know what to make of it. At the same time I have nasal allergies going on. I wake up every morning with a stuffy nose and I am not sick. No cold or nothing, just stuffy and itchy nose, with a little bit of pressure around the eye sockets. My eyes feel like they want to water but they aren't. I'm wondering if this is an allergy and my skin has decided that it can't handle the allergen that I am inhaling. How is yours doing? Did it go away yet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread