It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
(male)

jboy HB User
Bumps on skin around tick bite

Hi,
About six months ago I got a tick bite on my side halfway up my torso. I believe pieces or fluids from the tick got into the wound because it got infected. After three months the wound had not healed and I went to the doctor. During these three months no rash occurred that I could see, but small bumps would appear around the bite. They were not red or itchy, and they did not spread evenly. Usually only one or two would appear at a time, but sometimes the bumps would form a straight line from the bite outward about 1/2 inch. They never lasted very long, but new ones would appear every week or so. The doctor gave me oral and topical antibiotics, and this seemed to heal the wound. Now there is only a small scar, but the bumps still appear every now and then. I am just wondering what might cause these bumps.

Thanks,
jboy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Bumps on skin around tick bite

Hi jboy. How did you remove the tick? Did you save it?

Are you aware of Lyme disease? Lyme disease is a multi-system bacterial infection caused from the bite of an infected tick. Although a bulls-eye rash is a definite sign of Lyme, only about 50% of people who have Lyme ever get a rash. There are other types of rashes.

Do you have any symptoms at all? Be on the lookout for any symptoms such as flu-like symptoms, unusual fatigue, headaches, nausea, stiff neck, sore muscles or joints.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread