It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 11:27 AM   #1
(male)

sap HB User
Impetigo on eyelid / eyebrow

For a couple months I would experience small itchy dots every now and then on my right upper eyelid just below my eyebrow. At some point I developed a lesion under my eyebrow hair and went to my doctor as soon as I realized it wasn't a pimple. (Thank god the eyebrow hair stayed on... that would have been humiliating.) I thought it was ringworm, but my doctor said it looked more like impetigo and gave me anti-bacterial cream to use for a week. I used it for a week and the lesions went away, so I discontinued use of the cream. For a week I was symptom free until this morning when I woke up with a red blotch on my upper eyelid just below my eyebrow again. It stung in the shower when I touched it. Then I ran into my doctor at the voting polls actually and he said I should resume use of the cream "for a long time" and put a layer of vaseline on the affected area before I go to sleep each night. But all the material I've read about impetigo online has indicated it usually goes away after 3-5 days of topical treatment.

Just looking for second opinions. Should I go to a dermatologist? Can it be something else?

Closed Thread