It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2006, 11:07 PM   #1
(male)

Bruce007 HB User
Angry Black Eye wont FADE !!!

I unfortunately was involved in a fight, where I suffered from two black eyes. The swelling and major discoloration went away in about a week or two. No signs of fractures or broken bones.
However, im in the eight month now and there is still dark discoloration there! Its around the sides of the nose and below the eye. I've used arnica, under eye creams, cucumbers, vitamin k, skin lighteners, taken vitamin supplements and nothing has helped.
It seems like the bruise is not healing and when I look in depth around the discolored area, I see tiny veins all around.

Anyone have similar problem? Any suggestions or advice ???

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE HELP !!! PLEASE !!!!

Last edited by Bruce007; 12-14-2006 at 11:27 PM.

Old 12-15-2006, 03:44 AM   #2
(female)

ActionMaxen HB User
Re: Black Eye wont FADE !!!

It could just be that the impact ruptured the capillaries underneath your skin, and they will take a long time/possibly never fade. 2 years ago I twisted my ankle inwards, and the force of it ruptured a lot of the vessels under my skin, the marks left by them still haven't healed or even so much as faded since. I mean, I don't know, I'm probably wrong... I just read your post and thought maybe that could be the case. You should definitely see a doctor and ask them what they think the problem is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #3
(female)

Amanda06 HB User

Hi:
I, too got 'black eye,' not due to fight, but because of Eczema and Allergy. For that, I went to my dermatologist and got rx and cream. They both helped me some, but not completely.

The response, above is quite accurate. Once tiny vessels called Capillary around the eyes broke or, in my case, .... 'affected' because of Allergy and Ecezema, it's very hard to get rid of. A doctor told me that skin and vessels around eyes are both very sensitive, unlike other areas in the body.

I can not offer a good solution on this. I've been sufferring from this and quite embarrasing in front of my friends and people who knows me. My doctor, not dermatologist suggested me to put 'make up' for covering as much as I can.

In reading your post, ... in my guess, it's not skin problem, rather tiny veins/capillary. It may take awhile to heal. In the meantime, like me, try to avoid those 'noisy' folks the best you can. Or, you may consult a doctor who can deal with cosmetical aspects or a dermatologist who understands your issue.

Old 12-16-2006, 03:19 AM   #4
(male)

Bruce007 HB User

Hey thanks for your responses. I know its been a very long time and Im guessing its the broken blood vessels, but dont they heal???

This sucks because I have somewhat of pale white skin and the damn circles are pretty noticable. Im a guy - - so wearing a concealer would be kind of odd!

Would anyone know if any laser treatments would help..? Because I do notice little tiny veins in the dark areas. My dermatologist told me that it will take a while for it to go away ( 6 months ago) and its been longer than that! And other doctors have been telling me that its old dried up blood stuck there. My skin is stained or its broken vessels. Im getting a ton of different answers, but unfortunately no real solution.

Anyone else know whats up? Im in severe depression cuz of this - - Which really Sucks!

Old 12-18-2006, 12:26 AM   #5
(male)

cool4599508 HB User

hey, i had the exact same problem when i had nose surgery. two black eyes that wouldn't fade. Its been a year and three months and they have finally faded away. My doctor told me black eyes arn't permanent and reccomend a cream for me. Its a skin lightening cream but it works. i used it for about 3-4 months and it went away. Its called derma E skin lighten, it cost around 20ish and you can buy it on **** or you might be able to find it at a natural pantry. This is the only thing that worked for me and i hope it works for you because i know the depression you feel. Its was the worst depression iv ever felt in my life. fortunately something work and i hope it works for you.Best wishes, hope next year goes better.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:48 PM   #6
(male)

Bruce007 HB User

Hey Cool,

Thanks for your response. I tried skin lighten creams, but they didn't work. I used it for a month or so and noticed no difference. Im not sure where to go from this point.. but I guess just hope! Thanks for the kind words and may you have a wonderful year as well!

Old 12-21-2006, 08:39 AM   #7
(female)

Amanda06 HB User

Hi Bruce:
Very sorry to read your previous post, ... nothing helped.

Your 'Balck-eye' sounds very serious form of 'Black-eye,' ... more likely not only 'capillaries/tiny vein' around eye also skin surrounding eye got 'discolored.' On this, I can not describe good, but you could figure it out.

Anyway, have you tried to visit 'plastic surgery,' or something like this?
Because, all failed on you indicates that you need more professional service on this form of 'Black-eye.'

In the meantime, please do not depress over this incident. Because, I can see you're a good person who does not show any acromony and hatred/grudge to the person who did it.

Old 12-26-2006, 05:06 PM   #8
(male)

Bruce007 HB User

Thanks Amanda,

I have gone to many professional individuals and they all have no idea about my situation. They say it might be broken veins or old dried up blood or the skin has thinned out or just the bruise is slow healing due to low circulation around the eyes .

Though, its been over 8 months.. I have no idea whom to believe or where to start my diagnosis. I guess just to keep a positive attitude and hope that it will soon go away. And about me being a good person - - I guess, I just have been raised well. Thanks for the input and have a wonderful holiday!

Last edited by Bruce007; 12-26-2006 at 05:09 PM.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:51 PM   #9
(female)

katherine999 HB User

Hi Bruce,

Not to belabor the point, but I think Amanda is on to something when she recommended a plastic surgeon. I couldn't tell from your posts whether or not you've only been seeing standard doctors. I have a small broken capillary near my lower lid that I've wanted to get rid of for the past few years. My GP and dermatologist didn't really know what to do. The GP only offered a referral and the dermatologist told me that he could use a laser but it might stay the same, get worse, or scar. It amazed me because I know I've heard of people getting broken capillaries taken care of and it seemed like a simple procedure.

Then someone told me that she went to a plastic surgeon to have the procedure done, not a dermatologist. I recently found a clinic that specializes in this sort of thing. They only do cosmetic procedures (botox, tattoo removal, dermabrasion, etc.). I haven't gone to my appointment yet, but the receptionist made it sound as though they laser capillaries all the time.

This really long post was just to tell you that you can at least have your broken capillaries taken care of. I don't know what you'd do about the bruise itself. Tattoo removal works by using a laser to break up particles of ink into smaller particles that can be dissolved or carried away by the body. Couldn't this work for dried blood as well?

I think there really is hope. Some bruises take an incredibly long time to fade, but they do fade eventually. Oh, one more thing, maybe you can get glasses that help cover up the bruise. Best of luck to you.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:55 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

[QUOTE=Bruce007]I unfortunately was involved in a fight, where I suffered from two black eyes. The swelling and major discoloration went away in about a week or two. No signs of fractures or broken bones.
However, im in the eight month now and there is still dark discoloration there! Its around the sides of the nose and below the eye. I've used arnica, under eye creams, cucumbers, vitamin k, skin lighteners, taken vitamin supplements and nothing has helped.
It seems like the bruise is not healing and when I look in depth around the discolored area, I see tiny veins all around.

Anyone have similar problem? Any suggestions or advice ???

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE HELP !!! PLEASE !!!![/QUOTE]

You said you've tried some supplements. Have you tried grape seed extract? Its supposed to be enhance the health of blood vessels.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:34 PM   #11
(male)

Bruce007 HB User

[QUOTE=katherine]Hi Bruce,

Not to belabor the point, but I think Amanda is on to something when she recommended a plastic surgeon. I couldn't tell from your posts whether or not you've only been seeing standard doctors. I have a small broken capillary near my lower lid that I've wanted to get rid of for the past few years. My GP and dermatologist didn't really know what to do. The GP only offered a referral and the dermatologist told me that he could use a laser but it might stay the same, get worse, or scar. It amazed me because I know I've heard of people getting broken capillaries taken care of and it seemed like a simple procedure.

Then someone told me that she went to a plastic surgeon to have the procedure done, not a dermatologist. I recently found a clinic that specializes in this sort of thing. They only do cosmetic procedures (botox, tattoo removal, dermabrasion, etc.). I haven't gone to my appointment yet, but the receptionist made it sound as though they laser capillaries all the time.

This really long post was just to tell you that you can at least have your broken capillaries taken care of. I don't know what you'd do about the bruise itself. Tattoo removal works by using a laser to break up particles of ink into smaller particles that can be dissolved or carried away by the body. Couldn't this work for dried blood as well?

I think there really is hope. Some bruises take an incredibly long time to fade, but they do fade eventually. Oh, one more thing, maybe you can get glasses that help cover up the bruise. Best of luck to you. [/QUOTE]

Katherine,

Thanks for your advice. I truly think that my next step would have to be -- a plastic surgeon. However, im in the midst of having a significant amount of financial burden therefore; I really dont have the luxury to go to one right now. = ( Though, You're right about the procedures that can be done with lasers and I am truly hopeful that you and I will greatly benefit from it!

But definetly let me know what type of laser procedure you had and the results? And where you had it done?

By the way.. I did pick up a pair of shades during the trauma... ; )~

Thanks again... Take Care

Last edited by Bruce007; 01-10-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:47 PM   #12
(male)

Bruce007 HB User

Hey Alagaesia,

No, I havent tried grape seed extract.. I will defintely look into it! Thanks for your input.

Take Care

Old 01-10-2007, 11:00 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

[QUOTE=Bruce007]Hey Alagaesia,

No, I havent tried grape seed extract.. I will defintely look into it! Thanks for your input.

Take Care[/QUOTE]

Here's some other stuff that actually might work better. Bromelain supplements. You can also make your own compress with a couple of things. One is comfrey. Take 10 to 12 drops of comfrey extract in 2 ounces of cold water. Dilute the mixture with 1 or 2 more ounces of water if it stings. Apply to the closed, bruised eye 2 to 3 times a day for 5 to 10 minutes. The second compress you can make is with witch hazel. Put 10 to 12 drops of witch hazel tincture in 4 ounces of cold water. Soak a clean washcloth in the mixture, wring out the exces water, lie down, then hold the cloth against your closed eye for to 10 15 minutes.

I hope one of these remedies works for you!!!

Old 01-12-2007, 04:45 PM   #14
(male)

Bruce007 HB User

[QUOTE=Alagaesia]Here's some other stuff that actually might work better. Bromelain supplements. You can also make your own compress with a couple of things. One is comfrey. Take 10 to 12 drops of comfrey extract in 2 ounces of cold water. Dilute the mixture with 1 or 2 more ounces of water if it stings. Apply to the closed, bruised eye 2 to 3 times a day for 5 to 10 minutes. The second compress you can make is with witch hazel. Put 10 to 12 drops of witch hazel tincture in 4 ounces of cold water. Soak a clean washcloth in the mixture, wring out the exces water, lie down, then hold the cloth against your closed eye for to 10 15 minutes.

I hope one of these remedies works for you!!![/QUOTE]

Alagaesia,

Thanks for your advice. I heard about bromelian, but havent tried it yet. Though, ive been trying to eat a lot of pineapples. ; )~ I've also tried witch hazel - - hearing that it strenghtens blood vessels. I soak it on a cotton swab and place it below my eye for about 10 - 15 min. Did it for about 3 -4, day I noticed some improvement but nothing too drastic. Maybe I should constantly apply it?

Thanks again, I greatly appreciate your knowledge and advice. May you have a wonderful weekend. Take care and talk to ya soon...

Old 01-12-2007, 08:57 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

[QUOTE=Bruce007]Alagaesia,

Thanks for your advice. I heard about bromelian, but havent tried it yet. Though, ive been trying to eat a lot of pineapples. ; )~ I've also tried witch hazel - - hearing that it strenghtens blood vessels. I soak it on a cotton swab and place it below my eye for about 10 - 15 min. Did it for about 3 -4, day I noticed some improvement but nothing too drastic. Maybe I should constantly apply it?

Thanks again, I greatly appreciate your knowledge and advice. May you have a wonderful weekend. Take care and talk to ya soon...[/QUOTE]

Continue with the witch hazel. If its gonna work it will probably take 7 to 10 days. I hope all goes well for you and have a nice weekend as well!!!!

Closed Thread