It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2007, 02:21 AM   #1
(female)

kittie85 HB User
Dry skin patches that flake on face :(

OMG this is embaressing but i have where on my face where my eyebrows are they get little dry patches of skin and they are visable and you can scratch at it and it flakes off, so i tried scratching it off and putting some lotion, i dont know when the problem started but i know that it is really embaressing and i would like to be able to get rid of it, is it a type of skin condition?

Last edited by kittie85; 01-04-2007 at 02:22 AM.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:51 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Dry skin patches that flake on face :(

Kittie,
I have the same problem and after about 8 years of different products and frustration, I finally got it right. I'll tell you what I use and maybe you can see it it works for you too. First, I don't know what it is called so, I can't help you there.

Now, here is my cleansing routine. I take my makeup off with Ponds Clean Sweep with the blue lettering. There is pink and blue. I prefer the blue for my skin type. Then, every other day, I use Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque. It is really inexpensive and you can find it in Eckerd or probably any store like Eckerd. If you type it into a search engine it might tell you where else you can find it in a store near you. I put it on and let it dry and harden for 15 minutes then I hop into the shower and remove it using a wet paper towl. When you first put it on, it is minty but, when you take it off it smells a little like rotten eggs. That is normal. I think this is a sulfur by-product which is a key ingredient in ridding your skin of impurities. Anyway, after I have removed the masque, I wash it with Olay Daily Facials self foaming discs. I think that is what they are called. I use it 3 times on my face. Once to remove any residual masque that also removes any of the scent of it, a second time to make sure it is all gone and a 3rd to make my face squeaky clean. The Olay daily facials has two sides. One is a blue beady/bumpy side for exfoliating. This will help remove the flakes. The other is a white side for more sensitive parts of your face. I don't use that side given how flakey my skin can be.

The final thing I use is Ponds Sensitive Skin Cream in the white container with the blue lid. This is gentle and is the best product I have found to help with my dryness without causing me other issues.

Anyway, before I started using the masque...which I think is my key product...I had blackheads, once a month acne and such horrible flakiness that I was always embarrased. I didn't just have the flakes on my forehead above and between my eyebrows. I had it on the tip of my nose, in the corners of my cheeks between my nose and corners of my lips and sometimes on my chin. I was a mess. The masque purifies your skin and draws out all the impurities that clog your pores causing all of the above issues. It also tightens your skin and makes the pores and even some fine lines smaller.

Anyway, I hope this helps you like it helped me. Unfortunately, everyone's skin is unique so, you may spend the next several months or years trying to find your signature product routine. But, I really believe that a masque is key in helping to rid your skin of the impurities that cause it so many problems.

Also, this masque isn't drying...which has been the problem with most of the products I used in the past. However, it may just be my skin that it isn't drying on. Yours may take to it differently.

Give it a shot anyway, keep your receipts and if youd don't see any improvement whether big or small in maybe 2 weeks, return what you have left and start over.

Take care and keep in touch!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2007, 11:54 AM   #3
(female)

Laenini HB UserLaenini HB User

Actually, to me it sounds like a touch of seborrheic dermatitis. I'd try putting a little 1% Hydrocortisone cream on just the affected areas for a few days and see if that helps.

Old 01-13-2007, 07:19 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User

i have it, it is called seborrheic dermatitis. I use Loprox shampoo for my scalp, and Ketaconazole cream from the derm, for my forehead and between my eyebrows.

Closed Thread