It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2007, 10:56 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User
Exclamation REDNESS...can I treat my face?

My face is RED...like tomato red. I put foundation on and I think I cover most of it up, but when I took a picture of myself today the rest of my body was "beige" but my face was beet red!

To avoid breaking out I scrub my face 2x week with that St. Ives scrub. It works well. Every day otherwise I use the Clearasil daily facewash. I don't put anything else harsh on my face (ie. acne treatment) because my face gets really dried out (its dry enough as it is). When I put my makeup on, I first put on a mositurizer then my foundation. I Don't understand, I know I have more of a pink tint to my skin tone (as does my mother) but why am I beet red, and just in the face? What can I do about it? I've thought about skin brighteners but I believe those are for age spots only. PLEASE HELP!

Old 01-08-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User
Re: REDNESS...can I treat my face?

Have you ever heard of rosacea? You should do some research on it. Another thing is maybe allergies. Maybe you're allergic to one of the products you're putting on your face.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2007, 09:45 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

It is possible I am allergic, but I definitely do not have rosacea. I go to a dermatologist 3-4 times a year and hehas never said anything about it. Its not really blochy like rosacea, but my whole face. Maybe I am allergic to something...maybe I should wash my face with something natural? any ideas?

Old 01-08-2007, 09:51 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

Well I would do a test first. Take your facial products and put a dab of each product on the back of your hand or your arm. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. If you see a red spot that means you're either allergic or its just too harsh for your skin. As far as natural products go I would just pick something off the shelf and try it. I'm allergic to many things so I thought I would try using natural products since I was allergic to my deodorant, shampoo, etc. I didn't know if I would have a reaction or not but I had to try something to find out. Everything I tried was fine. The health store I went to said if I was allergic to any product I could take it back so if you do try something new, ask an employee if they have a return policy.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

Thanks so much! I will try the 20 minute test on all my products to see if I really am allergic. Hopefully I can figure out who the culprit is, and maybe its more than one thing...

Closed Thread