It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2007, 04:19 PM   #1
(female)

spellbound HB User
Red face red lines on butt and thighs becoming a bit scary...help please....

[FONT="Book Antiqua"] [COLOR="Purple"]ok so I'm only 16 years old and I have this [SIZE="5"]huge[/SIZE]problem i'm dealing with. I know it probably won't seem like it to you but you don't have to wear a bikini in the summer...ok so you might but you don't have these hoooorrible red lines on your butt and upper thighs (spreading to my boobs!!!)...ok so you might...in which case you might be able to help me....please can anyone tell me whats wrong with me? they are like slight bumps except that they're more like indentations under the skin....i'm wondering if it might be a blood circulation problem but i'm too scared/embaressed to ask my parents for help with it...it's really starting to upset me

[SIZE="6"]HELP!!!!! Please![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by spellbound; 01-22-2007 at 04:27 PM.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:37 PM   #2
(female)

Beekermlady HB User
Re: red lines on butt and thighs becoming a bit scary...help please....

Not absolutely sure about this one...but are you sure they are not stretch marks? I was about 16 when I first noticed mine. They are common for most people going through puberty because of the rapid growth of your body. They may seem like the end of the world right now, because they are probably red-ish right now, but with time the fade and are barely noticeable. My best advice is to google images of stretch marks and compare. If they are there are certain things (cocoa butter, ect.) that can be applied on to your skin to help with them. And if it is stretch marks, don't be embarrassed...nearly everyone gets them, they are just a part of growing up!

Britt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

missingyou HB Usermissingyou HB User

Ya they do sound like strechmarks, I am a guy and i have some on thighs, and one thats 2- 2 1/2 inches on my left *** check lol.. Also some on biceps shoulders and near my armpits(lats).

Strech makrs come from rapid muscle or fat gain or some combination of both.
Make sure you get 100% cocoa butter as it will be the most effective.

As stated above they will fade and become white/clear pratically unnoticable.
I recall reading something about tanning, blending them in so to speak.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #4
(female)

beth4 HB User

I'm a teen as well and I've noticed the same thing... if they are stretch marks, they DO fade... I've been wondering what to do about them... so far I've just waited it out and they've faded, but are still getting bigger! Is there anything to prevent them from starting in the first place?

Old 07-19-2007, 10:32 PM   #5
(female)

jezebel17 HB User

Yup stretchmarks.Join the club.Im 18 now and first saw red lines on my butt and boobs when I was around 13.Five years later and they are horribly visible even though they have faded to white.cocoa butter does not work,let me warn you.Unless you are using it to massage the skin.massage is very important to the skin when you are trying to heal stretchmarks.You are lucky you caught them in the early stage while they are still red.go to the derm and get Retin-A.It works great on early stretchmarks.

Closed Thread