It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2007, 05:30 AM   #1
(female)

elsiebear HB User
Will Vitamin E 'feed' or heal my mole scar ???

Hi ....I recently had a BIG mole took off .A tiny piece is all thats left now .The scar is healing very well.I heard that vit E is good for helping skin to heal so i've been using it .My only worry is that it may 'feed' the remaining mole tissue and cause it to regrow !!!I don't want that to happen.

does any one know of a natual product that acctually can help shrink a mole? I have heard that garlic can remove them but all i want is to keep it at bay

Old 01-31-2007, 07:35 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Will Vitamin E 'feed' or heal my mole scar ???

elsiebear,
As far as I know, Moles are kind of their own little entities. If they are going to grow back, they will just do so. Of course, the sun is a factor in mole growth. But, the most important thing for you to know about that mole is that, if it grows back, you need to go back to your dermatologist to have it removed, rebiopsied and you must keep an eye on it. I don't know this for sure, but, if a removed mole grows back, that is not a good sign. It could be a sign of a cancerous growth. I am assuming that it was removed by a dermatologist or licensed doctor. Did they do a biopsy on it? Have you gotten the results? Your doctor should have told you to keep an eye on it and if it shows any signs of regrowth to see him or her to have it removed and re-biopsied.

Anyway, I really don't think that there is anything, other than staying out of the sun or protecting yourself with a strong SPF, that you can use to keep a mole from growing if it is going to grow.

Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread