It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
(male)

Cadappa HB User
Strange blotchy red spots on skin.

I have had very strange circular spots on my skin for about 2 or 3 months now. I have been to my GP who diagnosed it as eczema even though I made a very active effort to state that the blotches did not itch, and I had no other symptoms.The blotches vary in size, and are not really specific to any area, there are some on my upper and lower legs, and some on my forearms, none are on my face.They are not raised either.

I do not think it is eczema, and the cream I was prescribed (Mometasone Furoate) doesnt seem to be having any affect. I have booked another appointment for next week but would really appreciate it if someone could diagnose it for me before then as I know my doctor will probably give me another useless cream, and not listen to what Im telling them. I am thinking it is stress related, as on weekends when I am not busy they seem to fade, and some disappear, and then on weekdays or after alot of work or worrying theyll re-appear, sometimes new ones will be there.

I have uploaded a couple images of the ones on my arms although as the only camera I had was on a phone, the quality isnt too great and just to clarify the blotches are not solid red, and the best way for me to explain them is as a bruise, but alot smaller, and the only pigments are red and my skin tone, no purples or yellows or blues etc.

h**p://img15.imgspot.com/?u=/u/07/36/17/IMG02771170800738.JPG
h**p://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs312&d=07062&f=IMG_0278.JPG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
(female)

CHERYL58 HB User
Re: Strange blotchy red spots on skin.

Hello,

I Have The Same Problem. These Blotches Appear Only On Both Of My Upper Arms, And Recently Have Appeared On My Fore Arms. They Are Also Not Raised. No Itching. No Irritation Whatsoever. I Mentioned It To My Doctor About A Year Ago And He Shrugged It Off And Said It Was Nothing To Worry About. Well, I Do Worry, Because They're Not Supposed To Be There, Right? If You Find Out Something On Yours, Please Let Me Know. I Appeciate It! Thank You

Old 05-04-2007, 09:33 PM   #3
(female)

georgee HB User
Re: Strange blotchy red spots on skin.

I think you would do well to see a dermatologist and have a biopsy on the blotches in question. For almost 2 years I been suffering from strange red and round blotches on my cheeks, lower legs, my chest, my back between my shoulders.... and now they are appearing on my forearms. I had a biopsy on the new blotches as they appeared, and the test came back "Granuloma Annulare" A skin disorder that (for me) does not itch, hurt, hard to get rid of and is not contagious. I was able to clear my chest and face of the blotches, (With a strong prescription steroid cream) but the rest remaining are not responding. Some of them do resemble a reddish bruise and are not raised, but the majority of them are raised.Type in Granuloma Annulare on this message board and see what others have to say....also go on line and look up images of this disorder to see if they resemble what you have. Sometimes this disorder will go away on its own, I am still waiting. Good luck in your search.

Last edited by georgee; 05-04-2007 at 09:46 PM.

Closed Thread