It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 02:20 PM   #1
(female)

deenie HB User
Rash on toes - very itchy, blisters, not athlete's foot

At least I don't think so. I just got over a cold and have had eczema on my elbows and knees in the past so my immune system isn't 100%. Last week I put on a new pair of socks and later that day my feet felt like they were very warm and itchy. The next day I had a red rash and blisters. I assumed athlete's foot and got lotrimin spray and cream and put it on religiously. I am a SAHM so I don't know where I would've gotten this. I now think it might be related to the eczema because 10% hydrocortisone seems to provide more relief. The blisters are going away and I don't have others but the itchy red patches are taking awhile to leave. I don't wash clothes (socks) before I wear them like I do for my kids...maybe I will now. Could it be contact dermatitis?

I was unable to get an appt to see my derm. so I'll see what the weekend brings and keep putting on the cortisone. The itching seems worse later in the day. I hope this goes away soon! Any ideas?

Old 02-09-2007, 02:21 PM   #2
(female)

deenie HB User
P.S. I forgot...it's on both feet all over the toe area - top, bottom, between

If it's the socks, why not my whole foot? Very strange...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
(female)

Monkeyboots HB User
Re: Rash on toes - very itchy, blisters, not athlete's foot

Hi could it be pompholyx eczema? I think thats what it is called..

M.B.x

Old 02-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Rash on toes - very itchy, blisters, not athlete's foot

deenie,
This problem seems to plague alot of people if it is the same thing I have had on both my feet and fingers. So, if you are willing, I have what has turned out to be a remedie for me whenever it has happened. Go to your grocery store and look down the detergent aisle for a green and yellowish box of 40 mule team Borax (if you google it, you can see what the box looks like before you look for it in the store). Just put it in a bowl big enough to fit your entire foot or just the area that is effected. Don't put any water or anything in it. Just use the borax as it is. Put your foot in and submerge it like it were sand at the beach. Sit with it for a couple minutes and do this maybe a couple times a day for maybe a couple days or weeks. It depends. I have had this problem clear up for me in days depending on how far along it is. If I catch it as soon as I notice it starting, it never gets a chance to start past one day. But, if it is worse, it may take a little longer to heal. Anyway, the Borax is inexpensive and you can keep the same bowl of it and just keep using it for...to be quite honest...I don't have a time when you should throw it away. I have a bowl of it sitting under my coffee table to use whenever I need to (maybe two times a year) and have had that bowl with the same Borax in it for maybe 3 or so years now.

Anyway, if this doesn't work for you, Borax is good for so many other uses like your laundry and household cleaning. So, it won't go to waste.

I don't know why it works. Only that it does. And, I don't know what this itch is. Only that I and my husband have had it in the past and I have known other people with the same problem who have tried the Borax remedie and have had sucess as well.

I hope it helps you like it always helps me.
Take care and keep in touch!

The Following User Says Thank You to Hating glasses For This Useful Post:
humsan (01-10-2012)
Closed Thread