It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
(male)

Squirlynuts HB User
Rough,Dry, Non-Healing Lip

Any advice would help!!!

Ok, so about a few months ago I got chapped lips(at around that same time I did drink after someone on a bottle of alcohol, but not sure exactly the time), and now this one spot on my bottom lip will not heal even if it stays moist most of the time. When it is dry it looks like it has dry skin hanging off it and rough to the touch, and sort of like the top layer of skin is like missing or something(its always got dry dead skin on it...peeling type, but no super severe). It has not spread and dont think it will. No pain, itching or discomfort becides the appearance and dryness roughness. I have tried to use lip balms like bertsbees and such to no luck. I tried neosporin, antifungals for a few days but no improvment. It does look better when it is moister, but still not that good and makes me self concious all the time. I do smoke, but it did not go away when I quit for over a month so I don't think thats it. I have a good source of b vitamins that some say would help with chapped lips. Not sure what to do, it just won't heal. Lately my lips have been chapped in addition.I hate doctors and hospitals, and would like to stay as far away as posible. Has anyone had this problem and if so, what should I do? I'd like to not think it is cancer, as I am in my early 20s even though im not exempt. Please help!!!

Old 02-13-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Re: Rough,Dry, Non-Healing Lip

Have you tried Abreva? It's for cold sores which it sounds like you may have. It's the only thing that works for my husband when he gets a cold sore. It heals it very fast.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2007, 03:57 PM   #3
(male)

Squirlynuts HB User

No I have not, but I'm not sure it is a cold sore. Don't cold sores, well be sore? hurt a little bit or irritate? this one has no pain or irritating characteristics, just being rough, drying, deadskin, and discoloration (darker). Also, I didn't mention I have a white tongue, could this lip thing be tied to that? Keep in mind that it is not spreading and don't think it will. Appreciate your input.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

Not sure about the white tongue. It might be worth a try with the Abreva though. It's really good with healing even if it's not a cold sore.

Closed Thread