It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
(female)

KyWildOne HB User
Red Moles aka Cherry Angiomas

[FONT="Tahoma"][/FONT][COLOR="Purple"][/COLOR]I have always had a few trademark red moles. (No one else around me has ever had them or even seen them)
But within the past year I noticed that they were popping up all over, in mass amounts, you can almost play connect the dots there are that many of them. And some of them I had scratched causing them to bleed. Some are raised to the point they look like a blood blister, some are flat.

I went to a Dermatologist (he was useless I might add) who did'nt even bother to look at any of them, just the one area that I showed him from pulling up my shirt. His answer was Cherry Angiomas, no big deal, some people get them some don't and then he asked if I had recently had any Hormonal changes? Huh?

I have googled until I am blue. And really, I am not concerned about them from reading up on them, I am more concerned about his Hormone comment and the fact that most articles I have read about them NEVER discuss anyone under the age of 55 having them in mass amounts like I do. (I am 36)

Anyone have these in large amounts? I have read about creams that can make them go away?

Old 02-16-2007, 10:35 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Red Moles aka Cherry Angiomas

I don't know what you mean by mass amounts but, I can nearly play connect the dots with mine too. Mine are all on my stomach and chest area between my breasts. They showed up maybe a bit over a year or 2 ago. My derm told me the same thing that they are cherry angiomas but, never said anything about hormones. He was more concerned about the 2 moles he wanted to removed. Once he told me they were harmless, the weight about them was off my shoulders so, what he told me causes them nearly escapes my memory but, I think it was something about broken capillaires or broken angiomas or something that happens as we get older. BTW, I will be 34 next week so, I am guessing, given your age, the timing of them appearing is somewhere in the 30's. But, perhaps, we aren't the norm and it can happen at any age and to anyone.
Anyway, as for roughly how many I have, I checked an area of my stomach about 6 inches by 3 inches and counted 6. I don't know of anything that will make them go away. Mine do tend to "blanche" (my derm's term) when I apply a little bit of pressure for a couple seconds but, they always return to that bright red color. They look like blood blisters to me. Anyway, I am an extremely freckly and moley person so, I guess they don't bother me now that I know that they are harmless, courtesy of my derm. They are just a few more spots to my already leopard like skin. I played outside a lot growing up and, rarely applied sunscreen so, I have no one else to blame by myself about my spotty skin.

Anyway, Sorry I can't be of more help!

Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2007, 05:12 PM   #3
(female)

miss-missy HB User
Re: Red Moles aka Cherry Angiomas

I was a Dermatological Assistant for a Dermatologist, and we treated many, many Cherry Angiomas (officially, hemangiomas). They are a tiny collection of blood vessels that some people tend to get. They are harmless, very common and plenty of people start getting them in their thirties or forties, but you see them more and more as people age. If you have one you will probably get more. Some people just know how to grow these things, but if you don't like them, they are easy to get rid of. My doctor placed a small needle on the end of a electric cautery and cauterized them. The same as they would to stop bleeding during a surgery. It was simple; he just touched each one with the needle three or four times, and that would be the end of it. He could do dozens in just a few minutes. It must not hurt too much, because most people wouldn't even flinch. I have never heard that these were caused by hormone changes. My doctor never said that. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread