It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2007, 03:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

michigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB User
Skin Tags - How I removed mine painlessly

I have 3 or 4 skin tags. The largest was on my neck, about the size of a BB. This is the one I tried my treatment on. If you're like me and too queasy to just cut it off, this method worked for me.....

I used a wart freezing kit that I had. Dr Scholl's Freeze Away to be exact but the brand doesn't matter. I followed the instructions for freezing a wart (they say don't use it on anything but warts). I held the cold applicator on the skin tag for 15 seconds. I repeated this 3 days later, then three days later once more for a total of 3 treatments. Each time it "burned" for about 5 minutes afterwards then bothered me no more. It took a month but it slowly dried up almost like a scab then finally one day fell off at the rub of a finger. No bleeding (I DID touch it with a styptic pencil to be sure).

I don't think I'd recommend this treatment for eyelids however.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

td9997 HB User
Smile Re: Skin Tags - How I removed mine painlessly

Mark,

Thank you for this because I had a skin tag removed, right below my eye,

so I go to the Derma, and he used Freezone wart remover. !! Yeah wart remover stuff!
He said it would fall of and it did,

the next time I have a skin tag Im buying the wart remover it does work and its cheaper than going to a Dermatologist.

td

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2007, 12:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

michigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB User
Re: Skin Tags - How I removed mine painlessly

Hey td,

It's definitely cheaper at about $2 an application! I always keep a freeze kit around the house. (My daughter's a runner and gets warts occasionally on her feet).

How long did yours take to fall off? Mine took 4 or 5 weeks, but I'd had it for about 3 years. I don't miss it a bit !

mark

Old 05-03-2007, 12:12 PM   #4
(female)

mjsturg1 HB User

I have tried that several times with mine and no change in them at all, I have 3 that I have been trying to get rid of without a trip to the Dermatologist !!

Old 05-13-2007, 04:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

[QUOTE=mjsturg1;2961172]I have tried that several times with mine and no change in them at all, I have 3 that I have been trying to get rid of without a trip to the Dermatologist !![/QUOTE]

Sorry mjsturg1,

I had hoped that my success could be repeated with others. Just thought I'd share my story since it worked for me. Best of luck.

Mark

Old 05-13-2007, 07:34 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

My Derm removed a few for me by freezing them. She told me that I could remove them if I wanted to with a pair od finger nail clippers or cuticle snips.

I have removed about 7 already in the last year. They just keep popping up all over the place lately. I use to get them alot as a kid then they stopped completely but started up again about a year ago. I mostly get them on my neck and breast. Only one hurt when I snipped it. Sometimes I just pull them off it I catch them when they are little.

I thought about putting teeth numbing cream on them but there was no need to since the didn't hurt.

Good Luck

Old 05-31-2007, 05:41 AM   #7
(female)

cate60 HB User

[QUOTE=FromSqueaky;2981228] She told me that I could remove them if I wanted to with a pair od finger nail clippers or cuticle snips.
[/QUOTE]

My OH did that with 3 skin tags on his neck and shoulder about 10 years ago. He'd had them for several years. I was a bit aghast when he did it, but to be honest it worked fine. They've never regrown and even if you look hard you can't see where they were. He said it didn't hurt snipping them, though dabbing them with surgical spirit afterwards stung a wee bit (and usually he's a bit of a wuss when it comes to pain ).

Old 06-04-2007, 10:16 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

if the wart stuff doesn't work another method that works is to get a thread and tie it tight around the base of the tag,you will cut off the bloodflow to it and it will die and fall off!

Closed Thread