It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
(female)

felixa HB User
Bleeding pores on face

Within the last month I have noticed very minor bleeding from the pores on my face. You have to look quite closely even to notice. It is not streaming or pouring, just tiny spots. I can wipe it away, but it comes back. There is no pain, itching or discomfort. I'm not on any medication and have no pre-existing conditions. I am not using any new skin products or make-up. Could this be dry skin from winter weather? I am 28 years old and female, hispanic-american. I have always had very sensitive skin.

Can anyone please help? thanks in advance.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Bleeding pores on face

Felixa,
When I saw the topic of your post...before I even opened your post...the first thing I thought was that you had dry or chapped skin on your face. But, the fact that it doesn't itch and that there isn't any discomfort has me scratching my head. I suppose it is possible to have dry skin without it actually feeling dry. So, my suggestion would be to try a good moisturizer for a little while to see if that helps clear things up. I use Ponds in the white container with the blue lid. My skin leans towards the side of dryness so, it needs a good amount of moisture and, thus far (and I have tried nearly every grocery store available product out there, as well as some of the department store/makeup counter product lines which cost an arm and a leg) the ponds cream tha I use has served me well. I don't know if your pores are clogged at all so, I don't want to suggest any exfoliating products like I usually would. I also don't want to suggest a mask which could clear any clogs.

The very best thing I can suggest is that you go see your dermatologist since, this isn't something I've seen or read about...nor have I had to handle it or deal with it personally.

Take care and I hope this helps! Keep in touch!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #3
(female)

prinsesie HB User
Question Re: Bleeding pores on face

[QUOTE=felixa;2817289]Within the last month I have noticed very minor bleeding from the pores on my face. You have to look quite closely even to notice. It is not streaming or pouring, just tiny spots. I can wipe it away, but it comes back. There is no pain, itching or discomfort. I'm not on any medication and have no pre-existing conditions. I am not using any new skin products or make-up. Could this be dry skin from winter weather? I am 28 years old and female, hispanic-american. I have always had very sensitive skin.

Can anyone please help? thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

:Hallo,
I would just like to know if you did get an answer to your bleeding pores question, I have the same problem and would like to know what to do and if it is serious or not, I have been to our local doctor and he suggested that I take cod liver oil and 500mg vitamin C twice a day for a month and then see if there is any change. according to him it is very abnormal, if above dont help then he will do some tests, that I cant really afford.

Last edited by prinsesie; 07-06-2008 at 10:22 AM. Reason: cold liver oil should read cod liver oil

Closed Thread