It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #1
(female)

YepMmHmm HB User
dry, shiny, flakey patches

I've heard that dry, shiny patches are a sign of dehydration. Has anyone heard this to be true? The patches are on my high cheek bone areas, both sides. They are red patches but the skin looks tight and shiny, and flake when I scratch them. They sometimes burn after I wash my face as well.
Any input would be appreciated! thank you

Old 02-26-2007, 08:03 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: dry, shiny, flakey patches

Drinking lots of water does help your skin. But, I'll tell you how I work with my face which does tend to get dry really easily.

I use Ponds Clean Sweep. I used to use the one with the Blue lettering but, am using the one with the green lettering because it has some exfoliating beads that help to sluff off the flakes when they are there and keeps them at bay when they aren't. Then once every other day I use Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque. In the shower I wash my face with Olay Daily Facials Self Foaming Discs (I think that is what they are called). Out of the shower, I moisturize with Ponds Cream in the white container with the blue lid. It has taken me nearly a decade to find the perfect regime for me.

Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2007, 06:20 PM   #3
(female)

YepMmHmm HB User

Hmm. I already use the ponds moisturizer with the blue cap. I put that on my face right after I wash it, which I usually do twice a day. I wash with noxema though.. Ive always used it so I dont know if thats making things any worse or not, so I bought some dove foaming face wash for sensitive skin, with moisturizers in it. I hope it works!

Old 02-27-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

Noxema does tend to have some drying properties for some people. I, for one, can't use it. The Dove might help alot given that their products tend to have tons of moisture in them.

Take care and keep in touch!

Closed Thread