It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User
extremely itchy red bumps after tanning..help!!

well i have been tanning for a really long time..usually start in spring but i went today, the first time in two years..that time i went i got red bumps allll over my stomach and back and they are SO itchy..i didnt know what it was becuase that NEVER happened before...i went today and it did it again..i have no idea what it is but they are all over my back and stomach again..they are on my arms and legs too but not as bad. . i tried to get in a dermatologist but the ones around here are booked for months and months! its embarassing and it hurts really bad cuz i cant stop itchy..has anyone had this? please help!

Old 03-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Ladypepper HB User
Re: extremely itchy red bumps after tanning..help!!

It is probably your skin telling you to stop tanning. Seriously - you are grown and make your own decisions but at least make it an educated decision. Do you know about sun damage and skin cancer? Do you know that Melanoma kills? I am not trying to offend you but I have melanoma - I never would have expected it. No one is immune from it and tanning is a major contributor to melanoma.
If your skin is reacting badly - it may because it is warning you. Wishing you the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2007, 06:55 AM   #3
(female)

JoieV HB User

For the past year and a half, I have been battling with spreading, itching "goose bumps" all over my legs -seemed like it was every hair follicle. In the past few weeks I have noticed them starting on my arms and chest as well.... when I initially went to a dermatologist - she diagnosed as extremely dry skin - however, this has not cleared up - and is spreading. Any clues? And yes, I hit the tanning bed maybe 2 times a month...

Old 03-29-2007, 08:32 PM   #4
(female)

macgirl1970 HB User

I have been using tanning beds for years myself (ya I know I don't want to hear it) At some point I realized that I was getting some kind of rashy bumps every time I went tanning. I don't have any idea if it was the same as what your experiencing... but I did figure out what was causing mine. Of all the sh**... it's the cleaning solution they use to clean the beds with. I ALWAYS wipe down the bed really really well with a CLEAN towel before I get in it. Some places also provide a spray bottle of plain water in the room, I use that as well. All tanning salons are different but in my experience, more often than not when they clean the beds for you they don't do a very good job. Even if they clean the bed well, there is no avoiding leaving a residue of the cleaner behind. A special cleaner is used on the acrylic surface of the beds and whatever it is, it gives me a rash. I would start there and see if that ileviates the problem. If not, I'd go to a dermatologist or quit tanning.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #5
(female)

meemie1956 HB User

I used to get them after tanning and found I am allergic to what is in the cleaning products. I have no problem if I stand up and tan.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:36 AM   #6
(female)

strega72 HB User

it sounds like you have hives.I recently have an outbreak of them and its stress and the sun are the cause I believe.

Closed Thread