It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #1
(male)

mattieboi HB User
Thumbs down Rash on my arms. Tons of little reddish bumps. Help!

Hello!

Well I've had this rash for as long as I can remember. 5+ years. There are endless amounts of little bumps all over both of my arms, from just under the wrist to the shoulder. They become more red after a warm shower or outside in the heat, and are very noticeable. Sometimes they turn into pimples sort of, but most of them just stay there.

I've been to the Dermatolagist several times and I can't remember what she called this skin rash, but she prescribed "Stivea-A Cream 0.05% | Tretinoin cream USP" and I've been using it forever. I don't think it has ever helped, but I kept giving it more chances, since she said it takes a long time, and that it should go away when I reach 18. I'm 19 now.
I've also tried many moisturizers.. gold bond, vaseline, etc. They help a bit, making the skin feel better, but do not get rid of the bumps. I've also tried exfoliating in the shower but all it does is upset my skin, tear at the bumps and leave red marks.

I'm too embarrassed to wear any shirts without sleeves. I workout at the gym in a hoody . Summer is coming, and I won't be able to hide forever. I want to get rid of this or at least make it look half decent.

I'm going back to the dermatolagist and demanding something different, but until then I was hoping someome here may know what this is, and have ideas on how to help.

Thanks in advance!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2007, 05:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User
Re: Rash on my arms. Tons of little reddish bumps. Help!

I[FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkRed"] have had the same thing for as long as I can remember. You sound like me- I had tried absolutely everything with no results. Then last year I went for allergy testing. WOW.

I would suggest that the next time you go to the doctor you ask about allergies, allergy testing, and perhaps a trial course of antihistamines (like Zyrtec). Between that and some cream that the allergist prescribed, my arms and legs are finally starting to clear up.

I wish you luck![/COLOR][/FONT]

Last edited by dustoffkid; 04-13-2007 at 05:34 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 11:12 PM   #3
(female)

hoperoad HB User
Re: Rash on my arms. Tons of little reddish bumps. Help!

i have the sammmme problem. they just started me on a new cream, the fourth in the series...still no help. i wish there were answers...dr keeps tellin me, it takes a few months, so keep trying. ha

Closed Thread