It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Shakira HB User
Question Is it possible to sweat more with anti persperant on?

No deodorant keeps me dry. I only sweat under my right arm, not my left. I sweat more when i'm nervous rather than when it's warm. One time, i forgot to apply antiperspirant and i was exercising and i never sweat under my arms, which i thought was weird.

Then today, i tried PitRok for the first time, as i still smell abit with scented antiperspirant. I did a few stressful things during the day and my right armpit felt abit sticky from the sweat, but i didn't have any wet patches on my top and it doesn't smell (i know PitRok is meant to stop the odour), but is it normal to sweat more with antiperspirant on?

I want to try not wearing antiperspirant for work, but i'm afraid to try it out!

Last edited by Shakira; 05-01-2007 at 12:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 11:06 PM   #2
(female)

hoperoad HB User
Re: Is it possible to sweat more with anti persperant on?

some days that would work for me...but let me tell u the trick...its called hypercare. make an appt with ur dermatologist and say i sweat...and he'll say very nonchalantly...its called hyperhydrosis..try this. u rub it on at night time and you're sweat free. I only have to use it about once a week now and i used to sweat more than u can imagine. its cheap and easy...and was a lot less embarassing than i thought it was gonna be!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Shakira HB User
Re: Is it possible to sweat more with anti persperant on?

Thanks. I tried an overnight deodorant called Triple Dry and it irritated my skin after a while and gave me a strange chemical smell the day after. Plus, i still got a little wet patch under my right arm.

I have come to the conclusion that antiperspirant makes me sweat. I was wearing my PitRok today and i was rope jumping for about 10 minutes. I start sweating after 5 minutes and i did - everywhere apart from under my arms! No wet patches, no smell. Usually when i rope jump, my armpits are sweating. And they feel better without the sticky antiperspirant on them. Maybe it stops my under arms from breathing and that's why it makes me sweat.

Last edited by Shakira; 05-02-2007 at 01:27 PM.

Closed Thread