It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #1
(female)

big pup HB User
Exclamation Please Help.Tiny Red spots under skin

I have tiny red spots under my skin on my thighs, legs, arms, & I just found one on the inside tissue of my lip. They never leave. An internist, family doctor & dentist said they were nothing to worry about. I've had CBC & metabolic panel (liver function & hepabc) & everything was normal.Platelet count was normal also. Had ultrsound of liver, pancreas, & gallbladder. Normal also.If I have 3 or 4 glasses of wine in one night I see even more red dots, but unlike the others, they go away after 2 or 3 days. Has anyone else experienced this or can you Please tell what you think.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
(female)

suzys HB User
Re: Please Help.Tiny Red spots under skin

I wish somebody would have answered you as I have them also andwas told my skin was thinning. I am on many medicatins, and was wondering if it was a reaction and came to your post. I do hope we gt some resonses. Do yours look like tiny blood spots under the skin. I just started getting them a bit larger. It is quite ugly and I know how you feel. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2007, 08:47 PM   #3
(female)

big pup HB User
Unhappy Re: Please Help.Tiny Red spots under skin

Mine look like blood spots under the skin & I seem to be getting more. Talked to 2 different doctors about them & they said thy were nothing to worry about. I'm going to see a dermatologist next week. I found 2 spots on my inside lip tissue. I'm scared. I think they are called petechiae. Will post what derm. says.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB User

There are two different types of things:

The first is called "cherry hemangiomas" and they are harmless. These appear rather abruptly and do not not go away. They can be lasered off you get them in noticeable places.

The second condition is petechiae (sp??). These are little burst blood vessels right under the skin. They disappear within 3 days or so and then you can get new ones. Having one or two of these occasionally is no big deal. Getting them a lot and in clusters can indicate several different types of blood disorders.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:32 PM   #5
(female)

big pup HB User
Thumbs up Re: Please Help.Tiny Red spots under skin

Finally,some closure for myself I think. Like I said before I have had bloodwork & gone to 2 dr.'s & one said they were benign & nothing to worry about,& another said they were harmless telangiectases. I was still worried so I went to see a dermatologist today & he assured me that they are benign angiomas under the skin that may never leave. He said at some point they may or maynot become raised in the future. He said the are tiny bruises under the skin that are harmless. I asked about the one on my lip & he said it could be an angioma too. Not too reassured about that. My plan now is to try to stop worrying, Now. Hope this helps .

Old 07-28-2007, 11:04 PM   #6
(female)

dancing HB User

[QUOTE=big pup;2966783]I have tiny red spots under my skin on my thighs, legs, arms, & I just found one on the inside tissue of my lip. They never leave. An internist, family doctor & dentist said they were nothing to worry about. I've had CBC & metabolic panel (liver function & hepabc) & everything was normal.Platelet count was normal also. Had ultrsound of liver, pancreas, & gallbladder. Normal also.If I have 3 or 4 glasses of wine in one night I see even more red dots, but unlike the others, they go away after 2 or 3 days. Has anyone else experienced this or can you Please tell what you think.[/QUOTE]

I also have red (blood) spots under my skin on my hands only. My right hand was the only hand to have any, but now the left is getting a few. Because I only get them on my hands, I have tried to figure out what I might be doing to encourage them. The right hand is the dominant one and use it a lot of course. Also, I eat a lot of fruit and am weighing that into the puzzle. However, the biggie that I think might be causing them is heat. Meaning, my hands.....mostly right.....are in very hot water when I clean fruits and veggies, which is at least twice a day if not more. Also, I notice right now that I feel heat from the puter, so that could be related. I keeping going back to heat and yesterday when I took a hot bath to rid myself of toxins.....LOL....yeah, I do that, my hands were under the water for quite a while and I noticed the spots on my left hand.

Just thought I would post my experience with this ugly persistent problem in hopes someone else might have some thoughts. Thanks for all the info.....

dancing

Closed Thread