It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
(female)

REDZIE407 HB User
Itchy Blisters On Hands

Hi,
I Have Been Suffering With A Horrible Problem For Many Years. It Starts Off With Intense Itching On Mostly My Fingers And Hands And Then Turns To Little Blisters Which When I Itch, Pop Open. I Then Get An Open Sore That Weeps And Oozes Until It Dries Up. I Went To So Many Dr's And Nothing They Give Me Works. One Dr Told Me It Is From Stress, But It Can Happen At Anytime. I Am So Afraid I Will Get An Infection, But The Itching Is So Bad, I Cannot Stop. Nothing Helps. Would Love Any Advice...
Thanks.
Redzie

Old 05-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Itchy Blisters On Hands

RedZie,
I know this is going to sound really off and unlikely but, I think you have the same thing that I get both on my feet and hands now and then. I learned a couple years ago, mostly by accident, how to stop it and, keep it under control if other outbreaks begin. Go to the grocery store, down the detergent aisle and get a box of 20 or 40 mule team borax. It has many uses and is inexpensive so, if it doesn't work for you, at least it won't go to waste. Anyway, if you do a search on it, you can see what it looks like so it is easier to spot in the store. It is in a green and yellow box.

So, just put it in a bowl and submerge your hands into it like you would with your feet into sand. Don't mix anything with it. No water or anything else. Just use the borax like it is in the box. What I do is just sit with my hands or feet in the bowl of borax for about 5 minutes or even longer if all I am doing is watching some tv with nothing else to do. Do this a couple of times a day for, in your case, maybe a week or two since you have a pretty bad outbreak. I can use it once or twice for a day if I find that I am about to have an outbreak and it stops mine immediately but, before I figured this out, I had a really severe outbreak so it took me a while to stop it. It also works on some warts. I had one on my thumb for years then, after I figured out that this stuff stopped my fungus, or whatever this itchy blistery thing is that I and alot of other people seem to get (including you) I put my thumb in it maybe once or twice a day for about 2 or 3 days, and the wart just disappeared and hasn't been back since. And, that was maybe about 4 or so years ago.

So, give this a shot. It may take longer than a couple weeks but, another way to speed up the healing is if you put some borax into a glove and wear the glove around either during the day when you are home or even to bed. The more time you use the Borax, the quicker it seems to work. Wiggle your fingers in it now and then to. Not sure if that helps but, I don't discount anything when it comes to the effectiveness of Borax on fixing this nastiness.

The last thing I want to tell you is, I have had a bowl of my borax under my coffee table for years now and have not thrown it away or replaced it. So, you can use the same batch over and over and over unendingly. So, if you have a bowl that you don't use alot, just put the borax in that one and leave it. Just cover it if you have kids or pets so they don't get into it as I don't know what it will do if ingested.

You can use borax for cleaning around the house and for laundry so, it really is a very useful and inexpensive purchase even if this isn't the same thing that I have had and it doesn't help you.

Please keep in touch and let me know if you try it and if it works for you as well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
(female)

REDZIE407 HB User

Dear Hg,
Thanks So Much For Your Reply. It Does Sound Strange, But I Have Tried Everything Else Under The Sun, So Why Not This! Just One Question: Do You Put Your Hands In It When You Have Open Sores? Or Just When You Are Syptom Free To Prevent It? I Am So Sick Of Dr's , My Dermo Told Me I Cause It Myself From "stress" But It Can Occur Anytime At All, Even When I Am Not Under Any Stress. I Try So Hard Not To Itch, But The Itching Is So Severe I Want To Tear My Skin Off And Usually Do. Right Now I Have This Huge, Red Blister That Is So Ugly And Just Weeping And Weeping. I Am So Afraid Of An Ifection So I Keep T Covered Till It Dries Up. Anyway, I Will Give It A Try. Thanks So Much, Redzie

Old 05-15-2007, 08:01 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

RedZie,
Back when it was at it's worst for me, I just used it whenever I got a chance. I actually even made a wrap with the Borax in it because my index finger on my left hand was the worst. I just took gauze, wrapped and taped it around my finger and poured some of the Borax into the bottom then, I would wear it like a finger sleeve when I was home so I wouldn't have to carry around a bowl. As far as I can remember, I used it even when the little blister like things had opened. It didn't seem to hurt me any and, I think the little bit of fluid inside the little blistery things are what caused it to spread. So, I think if you can kill the fungus or bacteria right where it starts, it won't spread anymore and will heal.

Of course, there is always a chance that this isn't the same thing but, it shouldn't hurt to try it.

Please keep in touch and let me know how/if it worked out for you!

Old 05-31-2007, 07:48 PM   #5
(female)

Ineedtoquit HB User

I have the same thing as you. Mine started 2 weeks after my third child was born. I had the blisters. ozing, ithching on both of my hands. Very hard to care for a newborn for sure. Went to many drs. and all said it was stress. Bull**** ! Ifinally had a derm(2 years after it started) prescibe a cream and it has helped sooo much. I put it on as soon as I feel itching coming on. It is best to rub on both hands before bed and let it go all nite and hands are great in the morning.Ask your dr. for ULTRAVATE ointment. It looks and feels like vaseline and I have been using it for 10 years. let us know which one helps.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:37 PM   #6
(female)

siSILLYah HB User

I've been using Ultravate now for well over a year. My skin is very thin and my breakouts still come so I've been wrapping everynight. I've had to quit lately because I now have red dots all over my feet from wrapping.
I've just started trying the Borax treatment and I pray it works better because I so do not like wrapping every single night! Seems I can't get rid of it even with the Ultravate.
Has anyone had the UV treatment?
Smiles, C

Old 06-21-2007, 07:13 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

siSILLYA,
Please let me know how the Borax works out for you. If your problem is pretty bad, it may take a couple weeks or more. I seem to recall that it took me some time to get it straightened out when I first figured out about Borax because my outbreak of it was pretty bad but, now, if I find one of those blisters, it only takes me one time with the Borax to get rid of it.

Take care! I really hope this works out for you like it has for me for so long now! Keep in touch!

Old 06-25-2007, 05:05 PM   #8
(female)

siSILLYah HB User

I've had to stop the Borax at the moment...my outbreak was out of control, I was bleeding because of the cracking. I'm gonna try again once I have this one under control..cause I would really love to stop wrapping. I'll keep you in touch!
Smiles, C

Old 06-26-2007, 11:30 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

That cracking and peeling can be so horrible. I don't know what the heck this fungus or whatever it is, is but, I know how miserable it can make a person.

Take care and I hope you get it under control soon!

Closed Thread