It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2007, 06:56 AM   #1
(male)

Iressivor HB User
Boils from shaving

Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this. I'm a twice-a-week shaver with a fairly light beard, but I've been struggling with boils almost as long as I've been shaving (about ten years). I started out with an electric razor, but then switched to a traditional razor hoping that it would solve the problem. Although my skin has cleared up considerably over the past few years, the boils are still recurring, and I can't seem to figure out why.

They mostly crop up on my chin and jawline, and occasionally my neck, but very rarely occur anywhere else on my face. I always shower and clean my face thoroughly before shaving, both with and against the grain, which generally doesn't pose a problem except in those affected areas. Has anyone else had a problem like this? If so, what sort of measures did you take to resolve it?

Old 05-12-2007, 01:22 PM   #2
(female)

horseygirl14 HB User
Re: Boils from shaving

What are the boils like? If they are painful, deep and sore and have pus in them then you should wash with antibiotic soap. Use a different razor blade each time so as not to spread the infection or keep it recurring. Maybe see your doctor as you may need some topical antibiotic cream. Do an internet search on boils as there is a lot of information out there.

My husband suffered from boils and he got very sick from it so I would recommend you see a doctor and get it checked out further.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread