It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2007, 08:42 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

stevie_23 HB Userstevie_23 HB User
Itchy, bumpy fingers and wrist! HELP!

Hi all

I have developed a weird skin issue.

It began as nothing really, one day almost 2 weeks ago I noticed suddenly that the top of my rude finger (the middle one, lol) was itchy and had what looked like tiny little pimples or blocked hair follicles on it, just the top of the bottom section of the finger, in between the hand knuckle and the first knuckle on the finger. The same area on the pointer finger was the same, though not as much.

I thought nothing of it as Iíd had this before, it always appeared abruptly but then went away in a few hours or so. I have no idea whatís caused any of these skin reactions. I have never been doing anything when theyíve happened. Like, when it appeared this time, I was just in the middle of typing at work, same as always.

Anyway, so the rash on the pointer finger disappeared in a day or so, as normal, but the middle finger is SO irritated and inflamed. It is red all in that area, with little pink bumps, and it is not always itchy. It usually isnít, but just looks bad. Whenever it is itchy, the itch will start suddenly and be really annoying, almost like a *****ly, slightly painful, burning itch.

So the finger looks really bad. I feel like a leper. Iíve been putting this disinfectant powder stuff on it, but I donít think itís doing anything.

Anyway, so about a week or less ago, I noticed the same little dots/bumps on my inner and side wrist area of the same hand. They stretch from the inner wrist (where all the veins are, yuck!) around to the top of the bottom area of my hand. The area isnít red (yet), but what is going on!?

If it is all just blocked follicles, why has this happened, why is it so extreme, why so sudden, and why is it only in these rather specific areas!?

It is not a heat rash, as itís not even hot anymore here. I WAS hot all through Summer and have been every year previous, and never got anything as bad as this.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
(female)

egirl630 HB User
Re: Itchy, bumpy fingers and wrist! HELP!

This could be scabies

Closed Thread