It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2007, 12:50 AM   #1
(female)

SlveluStew HB User
Itchy bumps, frekeles, brown spots, etc.

Hi Everyone:
I am new to posting, but I have been out here observing different boards including the Gulf War Vet board. I have noticed that many symptoms mentioned I have also. The Gulf War Vet board even posted some pictures and they looked just like the rash that I have. If you have one of these symptoms, I would say probably not to worry, but if you have all or many of them, get checked for Onchocerciasis. It sure sounds like this terrible, disfiguring disease is here whether the doctors want to admit to it or not. I have yet to read where someone was actually diagnosed with this disease - strange. I have it for sure. Symptoms are itchy red spots (microfilaria burowing under skin), brown spots (scraping lightly with tweezers produces 'flakes' or two little white spots together that look like little eyeballs), frekeles spots is where the microfilaria are (usually more than one) after red spot goes down, large or small white heads (I call them shields, if you remove it, there is a worm(s) under it - you can tell by the two little white eyeballs -they look like this because their central body is underneath the skin while their ends are sticking just above when they're young giving the eyeball appearance--these are very difficult to pull out) lesions or sores that take a long time to heal and seem to have strange white things in them, a brown area that begins to swell and is tender sometimes (beginning of a reproducing female expelling young), brown areas that have numerous white 'heads' (what I call the 'nest' that is the young coming out of the female), a kind of wrinkly or mushy brown spot after 'white' heads disappear or almost disappear (generally you can see small holes where the white heads were), finding whitish stuff all over (worms and worms making protien and generally seeking a small crack somewhere to hide in - this includes clothes, bedding, pets, food - everything), flaky skin - especially eyebrows and edge of hair and around eyes, but can be anywhere (microfilaria going into anhydrobiosis (flaky) state - don't be fooled, they regain their 'alive' state with moisture) and of course, discoloration of the skin (brown spots, frekeles and irregular spots (can be large or small - that seem to be lighter than your own skin), almost forgot some other smymptoms; decreased flow in the urine stream (it seems like it takes forever to urinate as it is just a small flow), hearing loss (this O. worm can get anywhere including inside your ear), itchy scalp with flakes (again microfilaria) and also loss of energy and perhaps weight loss (especially when you recognize these little parasites and see them as you eat your food - they can float down or come from your mouth to your fork, etc. When they are cooked after being prepared with someone with this disease, if you look real close you can see these little whitish large hair like things stickying straight up out of the food - yes it is them.) Well now that I have grossed all of you out - really this is not my intention at all, I hope that if you have all or many of these symptoms, get tested or insist on it. Have I been tested yet? NO, but I sure have tried. However, I have done years of research and have years of experience with these awful things - approx eight years. At this point, there is no doubt that I have this disease. Also, I accidently found that if you take close up pictures of these parasites with a flash that they reflect so much white that you can not see the picture. However, if you happen to have a heat lamp in your bathroom (I turned my light and heat light on at the same time), you can take a close up picture (with a steady hand and no flash) of them and if you have them they seem to fluorasce a bit and almost look 3-D and you can easily see them from your own skin. I have them so bad that I have more whitish lines (worms) than I do skin. I won't go into my horror story right now, but all I will say is that if the doctors had listened to me at first, I wouldn't be this bad today. I just hope I don't go blind one day. Also, do they need a vector? According to my husband and pets who all have it, too - no! Either we have an O. worm that has adapted or we definetely need more research as to its ability to transfer from one host to another. This has just been a nightmare and I do hope that most of you if not all of you do not have or ever get this. Again, I am new here so I hope I did not overstep at any point. Thank you, Slvelu

The following user gives a hug of support to SlveluStew:
Denese52 (10-19-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread