It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2007, 10:03 AM   #1
(female)

silverandgold HB User
Unhappy Tiny bumps on face...NOT itchy or red...

About a month ago, I started noticing little teeny bumps on my face ...mostly on my lower cheeks and extending down toward my neck. Being the product junkie that I am, I immediately figured it was clogged pores from some new face cream I bought. So I stopped using any new products and stuck with non-fragranced/sensitive skin products. However, the bumps did not go away. They are not red. They do not itch. If fact, in most lighting you can barely see them, but they *feel* rough and in certain lights it makes my skin look rough.

I made a derm appt. and the doctor took a one-second look at me and said, "It's eczema." Eczema??? Everything I have read about eczema does NOT fit what I have. He said it could have been brought on by stress. He gave me a prescrip. for some Plexion wash cloths and an antibacterial topical solution, which I have been using for 3 weeks now. The bumps are still there. I personally do not think this is eczema, but I'm not a doctor.

The bumps seem to be better in the morning, then progressively get worse as the day goes on.

Anyone have the same thing?? This is really frustrating!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Tiny bumps on face...NOT itchy or red...

It sounds funny but, it could be a yeast infection. My sister had a yeast infection on her face and, it wasn't until she switched derms a couple of times until she was properly diagnosed. You might go to a new derm and see what they have to say. I sometimes think that some doctors get too comfortable in diagnosing stuff that seems common and the frequently get it wrong because they don't tailor their consultations to each individual patient. Basically, we all fit into one box, wear one brand of socks, one uniform and there can't possibly be anything else wrong. Your doctor heard "bumps on my face" and narrowed it down to 2 things (acne or eczema) and then diagnosed the last one. In my opinion.

Go see another doctor and insist that he or she give you the proper time of day or don't leave until they do. You don't pay them to brush you off, then give them their kick back by purchasing (with your money) the prescription that they probably wrote the same 20 more times throughout the day.

Whew! Sorry to get on my soapbox. I just hate to see others concern be brushed.

Take care and keep in touch!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2007, 03:37 PM   #3
(female)

silverandgold HB User
Re: Tiny bumps on face...NOT itchy or red...

Thanks! A yeast infection,huh? That is something new! Well, I totally agree with you about this doctor sort of just giving me a diagnosis without fully examining me. He looked at me from across the room and said, "Classic case...eczema." Well if this was so classic, how come I cannot find anything that even resembles it in any research I've done? I appreciate your reply!

Closed Thread