It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2007, 09:05 PM   #1
(male)

dunkee8 HB User
skin rash from seafood?

I think I am allergic to seafood, I've had problems where I had developed rashes in the past from eating too much seafood. It's been maybe 5 years since I've had a rash though and I've been eating seafood with no problems at all.

On Sunday (2 days ago) I ate dinner at a sushi restaurant. I've eaten there before twice in the last few months and no problems whatsoever. However, yesterday morning I started to develop some bumps. They were very small and not very noticable. In fact, I think I get these once in a while but nothing really happens. I didn't touch them either, knowing that if I did, it could get worse. Anyway, it started spreading and getting worse throughout the day and spread throughout my body at night. I had trouble sleeping and found myself scratching lightly when I woke up in the middle of the night.

In the morning when I woke up, everything was gone and there were no traces of the rash. However, today it came back around 5pm in the evening and right now it is getting worse and worse. I can't think of anything I was exposed to and can only pin point it to the seafood, but that explaination doesn't make sense.

Anyone know if it's common for a rash from an allergic reaction come back like that? If not, then it may be something I was exposed to? I take public transportation so that COULD be another possibility, but I'm not so sure it's that. Any help is appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2007, 09:10 PM   #2
(female)

TANKG!RL HB User
Re: skin rash from seafood?

My first question to you is what exactly did you eat for a meal? Have you eaten that exact thing before??

Food allergies can come and go. When I was younger I was allergic to banana's and then grew out of it. Today I am allergic to them again. A few years ago I was lactose intolerant and now dairy doesn't bother me. Sometimes your body just does wacky things lol.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #3
(male)

dunkee8 HB User
Re: skin rash from seafood?

I had a Samurai roll and a Crunchy roll. Basically sashimi (raw fish) and crab meat. Also had a couple pieces with salmon in it. I've had this before with no problems. In fact, about 3 or 4 weeks ago I had a ton of sashimi with no problems at all. I eat seafood once in a while, not all the time.

Closed Thread