It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
(female)

astardj HB User
Burning pain on buttocks!!! Help!

Hi all. I have a symptom that's driving me nuts and I can't stop thinking about it. About 4 weeks ago i noticed what started out as a mild burning sensation on my buttocks. Sometimes it was located near the crack of my buttocks and then other times it would burn farther out and around my buttocks. There are times as well that it hurts at the top of my thighs and at the base of my buttocks. I've seen a few bumps here and there but honestly, they never turn into anything. They look and feel like acne and never break open, swell, crust over or anything. That's not even really the issue. I just can't deal with the burning pain. Sometimes it's worse than others and feels almost *****ley or like it's irritated or chapped and still burns. My doctor said it looked like there was a light rash there and told me to use a perscription hydrocortizone lotion. I've tried that, and allergy medication. Nothing helps. Sometimes for a day or two it settles down almost like it's gone but then comes right back. Doesn't matter if it's day or night and it doesn't itch. I do notice it seems worse if i'm sitting or laying on it, but then other times i can be sitting and feel no burning at all. I have noticed several noticible veins under the skin in many of the same areas i'm having the burning pain. Can anything be related? This is driving me nuts and freaking me out a little on the side. Everything i find on the internet talks of burning AND itching. I just have burning and it's no place else besides my buttocks. Any possible clue anyone? I've spent too much time thinking about this already!!! Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2007, 03:57 PM   #2
(female)

buggyboo HB User
Re: Burning pain on buttocks!!! Help!

hi ast, i know what you are feeling. i had the same thing. For me i discovered that certain disinfectants used on toilet seats, i developed a rash/burning from it. That kinda of explained the "not quite the same area back there "all the time. Whenever it happened i would wash very thoroughly and rinse very thoroughly and apply cornstarch to it, as some powders contain alcohol which would make the pain worse. hope this helps

Old 06-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
(female)

buggyboo HB User
Re: Burning pain on buttocks!!! Help!

hi ast, i know what you are feeling. i had the same thing. For me i discovered that certain disinfectants used on toilet seats, i developed a rash/burning from it. That kinda of explained the "not quite the same area back there "all the time. Whenever it happened i would wash very thoroughly and rinse very thoroughly and apply cornstarch to it, as some powders contain alcohol which would make the pain worse. hope this helps

Closed Thread