It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2007, 06:20 AM   #1
(female)

daniellegod HB User
Question Mole removed 1 year ago is itchy

I had a mole that I didn't feel except when it got in the way of clothing. I had it removed over a year ago and in the past few months it has grown quite itchy. There is no mark around the old mole so what is happening. Is the old mole trying to grow back? Do they do that?
Please help me. The itching is driving me insane!

Last edited by daniellegod; 05-25-2007 at 06:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2007, 08:17 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Mole removed 1 year ago is itchy

Moles can grow back but, when I had mine removed, my doc told me to come back if the mole started growing back. Not a good sign I guess.

As far as the itch, did the area properly heal or is it still healing? Usually, and itchy wound is a healing wound. If it is still healing, that may be why it is itching but, it should be healed by now. I would go see my derm if I were you. I think I remember hearing people talk about old scars itching. And, when I was little, I had open heart surgery and have a rather large scar from it (I was 5 which means it was 29 years ago and I was tiny so, they really basically tore my chest open resulting in a huge scar). Anyway, I remember people would ask me if my scar hurt or itched while it was healing and even for several year afterwards. It never did itch but, perhaps that is a common issue with scars.

Anyway, do go see your doc so he or she can make sure that the mole is ok and that the scar is healed or healing fine.

You should get into the habit of visiting with your derm once a year anyway for regular screenings.

Take care and keep in touch!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread