It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
(male)

drew_viii HB User
very weird red rashes spreading at the back! help!

Hi, im so worried for my girlfriend right now, who is suffering some weird symptoms on her back, it happened 5 days ago that her back around the side, not on the spinal area, grows some sort of red pimple, well, it looks like a pimple, a red around the area and yellow dot on the middle, so we though it was just a normal pimple, then happened to be after 3 days, it keeps on spreading downwards to her waist and butt area... and its getting worse, more and more are visible and getting bigger on the lower part, while the part where it grew fadely gone but still leaves a very obvious mark

symptoms she has was, she doesnt feel itchy at all, but painful whenever being touch, she said its like a pimple pain, second is she felt like her back is burning, and i feel it its a bit feverish only on her back part, she had a cough and cold few days ago, but that was few days before the pimple came out, she was recovering from the cold then the pimple start coming out, i just mention it cuz it might be relevant, and its only spreading downwards from her shoulder to her butt area... and today it is starting to get itchy in the upper part where it is not painful anymore...

help plz, i do have some of the pictures, but i dont knw if its appropriate to post it at the moment, plz help! i cant check doctors here in UK cuz the health system is really really bad!!! we went everywhere and hostpital and theyve been rejecting us cuz we are international students! help plz!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2007, 06:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User
Re: very weird red rashes spreading at the back! help!

My first guess would be shingles or a different herpes virus like hsv 2. BTW, shingles is a herpes virus. The fact that it's painful tells me that it's not just a rash from an allergy. Do they have a college clinic?

Last edited by keepsgoin; 05-26-2007 at 06:37 AM.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:04 AM   #3
(male)

drew_viii HB User

college hospital? they do have here, but i doubt they will allow us to check as well, so if this is shingles, is it a very difficult disease to defeat? at the mean time, she is taking some allergic medicines and some insect bites cream, but we stop the cream since it didnt work really well, it even spread more

my guess is, it was spreading all around cuz my girlfriend squeeze it often, i read some of the infor bout shingles, and saw some pictures, the description were quite right, like the symptoms but the pictures or images look very different in a way... the shingles in the pictures i saw around the net spreads horizontally while my gf's spreads vertically, from here shoulder to her butt cheek area, thank you very much

Last edited by moderator2; 05-26-2007 at 09:11 AM. Reason: no pictures - no private messages - please read the rules

Old 05-26-2007, 07:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

She should not be picking at it...if it's herpes hsv 2(probably shingles too!) then picking can spread it all over AND if she has it on her hands she can spread it to you even. She could get it in her eyes...she needs to keep from touching it and wash her hands if she does...it spreads easily. I have rashes of herpes 2 that are like what you describe and the littlest bit of scratching just spreads it and makes it bigger and bigger. The only thing I've found that helps any is zinc 20% cream...you can use a diaper rash cream, that will have zinc oxide in it if you can't find plain zinc cream. They leave terrible ugly dark scars that don't go away! Do you by any chance have herpes and she possible caught it from you? I'm am not trying to offend you by saying you may have herpes but I have it and I'm not a bad person....HAHA! You could have it and not realize it...could be very minor bumps on your private area. My husband gave it to me and all he had was just a tiny red bump on his genitals. But on ME>>>OH LORD!!!!!! I got it horrible!!!!!!! I'm not very familiar with shingles only that it's similar to the sores you get from hsv 2. Supposedly shingles affects only one side of the body.

Edit to add this:
One time I got an outbreaking on my back toward the side of my back on my ribcage...it started one day as an itching bump and I scratched it not thinking it was anything...I mean it was on my back for goodness sake...then by the next day it was the size of a nickle and before it was over it was probably 2 inches in diameter...it lasted about a month but for 2 weeks I was in so much pain that I could hardly sleep...my whole ribcage on my left side was sore...it was very strange!!!!!

Last edited by keepsgoin; 05-26-2007 at 09:24 AM.

Old 05-26-2007, 11:53 AM   #5
(male)

drew_viii HB User

oh i see, then i think its not shingles then, cuz like what you said, it only grew on one side, while she has are both sides of her body, and ive check some information at the shingles website too... not i have nowhere to go again, have no idea what is this...

Old 05-26-2007, 12:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

Just because it's not shingles doesn't mean it's not herpes 1 or 2. To me it sounds like herpes.

Oh and by sides of the body I mean left or right of the spine...not back or front.(just to clarify)

Last edited by keepsgoin; 05-26-2007 at 12:12 PM.

Closed Thread