It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2007, 07:01 AM   #1
(female)

boozylozzie HB User
itchy rash

I've never suffered from eczema or any skin allergies, but recently I've had really itchy patches on my skin. It's like insect bites cos when I scratch any area there is nothing there, but then one bump will raise as if I've been bitten. I can't see any bugs in my bed or bedroom and none of my housemates have complained of anything.

If I scratch these areas in the bath a red blotchy rash sometimes appears, but I've always bruised easily etc. The itching started on my upper arms and outer thighs but has now spread to my hips (around the hip bone, not near my genitals thank god!) and around my shoulders and lower arms. It has not spread to my face or back. The bites are quite far apart, not loads in one place, there might be 2 or 3 max in a square inch of skin. The itching is worse in the evening, I barely feel it during the day. Any suggestions? Have tried anti itch cream and washed all my sheets in a different detergent in case it is an allergy.

Help?!?!

Old 05-31-2007, 08:49 PM   #2
(female)

georgee HB User
Re: itchy rash

Yikes! Sounds like you should seek the advise of a Dermotologist. In the meantime you might try taking benadryl 25 mg as directed on the over the counter box, it will relieve itching and allergy related symtoms. Also there is a great bar soap you can buy at a health food store or on line for skin problems. It is called Pine Tar Soap. It can do wonders for skin ailments. There are many brands of Pine Tar Soap out there, but the one I am familiar with is called Granpa's Pine Tar Soap. He also offers a shampoo as well. PS: Just to rule out scabies or body mites, (they are so small they are hard to see) why dont you try using the over the counter stuff a phamacist could recommend to you, like Rid Hair and Body Shampoo? You leave it on your body for 10 minutes, then rinse it off. If you feel like bugs are biting you, maybe they are? Good luck in finding a cure!

Last edited by georgee; 05-31-2007 at 09:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2007, 02:25 AM   #3
(female)

Julianna22 HB User
Re: itchy rash

To me it sounds like scabies (skay-bee) also. Since the itching is worse at night that tends to make me think its that. Don't let it go too long without seeing a doctor because this will get alot worse if not taking care of. Don't worry because if it is scabies quick treatment and washing everything will get rid of it. Without medication it will get worse. Take care

Closed Thread