It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
(female)

Vivian HB User
New Raised Mole? Beauty Mark?

I have many freckles, beauty marks, etc. They are all flat. I recently developed a RAISED mole on my arm. I know it wasn't there before. Should I be concerned that it is new and that it is my first raised one? I am a 43 year old female.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Ladypepper HB User
Re: New Raised Mole? Beauty Mark?

Any mole or freckle that changes should be checked and probably biopsied.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2007, 03:12 AM   #3
(female)

Vivian HB User

Thank you. I am thinking the same thing but it still it is small and normal looking I was hoping it was common. I'll make an appointment today.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

Vivian,
There is a difference between a new mole (which can be raised or flat) and a mole that has suddenly changed. I had a new mole pop up about a year and a half ago and it was raised. It was sort of a pinkish/brownish color. I went to a derm and he was unconcerned about that one but found 2 others that he wanted to remove and biopsy. They turned out to have abnormal properties but were benign so, no biggie. So, my suggestion is to go see a derm...as you should get used to doing once a year anyway just to be safe. He will likely find nothing wrong with your mole...unless you can remember that it was there before and has suddenly changed. Moles should not change in size or shape but, they can be different in that one may be raised while others are flat.

Is it an irregular shape, multi-colored? Those are something to possibly be concerned about. Otherwise, the simple fact that it is raised should not sound an alarm just yet. Does it hurt, bleed or itch? Those are other mole properties to be concerned with.

Take care and keep in touch!

Closed Thread