It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
(male)

Virus31 HB User
Horrible Brown Spots!

I have really horrible brown spots mainly around my lips, but also other parts of my face. These spots get progressively darker, bigger, and more of them appear all the time. I've had eczema for as long as I can remember on my face, neck, legs, arms, hands. It cleared up with some UVB(something like that) light treatment I had, but for some reason these spots occur on my lips now. They're not spots caused by the sun either because I'm rarely in the sun and I was putting sunscreen all over my face to try and prevent the brown spots from occurring. I'm pretty positive that because of the ezcema around my mouth it's the cause of the brown spots to occur on my lips. I absolutely hate these spots, they make me feel so depressed. Everyday I have to wake up to these horrific things and everytime I look at them it just makes me real upset and frustrated. I lack confidence talking with people as it is and now that I have these spots I want to socialize with people much less. Somebody please help me out!

Old 06-12-2007, 04:13 AM   #2
(female)

loveagolden HB User
Re: Horrible Brown Spots!

Hi Virus,

I also have brown spots on my face mostly on the side of my face. I have been told that it is from the sun, hormones (I'm 51, premenopausal) and also certain medications.
I took anti-seizure meds for trigeminal neuralgia. I guess there are several meds that make you sun-sensitive. I slather on the sunscreen too, one from Europe, that seems to help prevent new ones. I'm not sure how to get rid of them as I've tried a few creams containing hydroquinone & retinA, but it doesn't seem to keep them away. I asked for help on this board, on the same subject, and did not get any replies. I am thinking of laser treatments & that's why I wanted people to tell me what really works for these brown spots. I know exactly how you feel, I rarely go anywhere these days. It's very hard to avoid the sun, I think I've almost become paranoid of sunlight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User
Re: Horrible Brown Spots!

You should get the spots on your lips checked by a derm. My uncle had them and after a few years they turned from spots to freckles to cancer. It happened over a 10 years period. He has had face and lip cancer twice. A derm can help you with all your spots.

As for the brown spots I have them on my face from BCP and the sun. I am going to get them removed in the winter by Fraxel (a laser treatment) There are deep layer chemical peels but that scares me. They can cause scarring and I scar from a mosquito bite.

Last edited by FromSqueaky; 06-12-2007 at 10:42 AM.

Closed Thread