It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2007, 07:40 PM   #1
(female)

orangecard HB User
Can I get rid of these scars and scratches??

I had a puppy and she has scratched me all up on my arms! Most of them were little scratches and they dissapeared but now there are some that are sticking around and not healing very well. Is there any way I can get them better or get rid of them?? Any tips appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Can I get rid of these scars and scratches??

When did you get the scratches? Was it a long time ago? You can try using scar creams like Mederma, but to me it smelled kind of bad and it irritated my skin. They have bandaids that are meant to help with scars, I would try those first. Some people say that cocoa butter helps fade scars as well. I am a tutor and at one of my client's house they have a very large dog who gets very excited when guests come over. He occasionally jumps and scratches all the way down my leg.. it hurts so bad and the scratch bleeds and swells up! Usually I get a temporary scar and within a few months they fade away. He's done this a few times and it lasts a while, then fades off. I just use a moisturizer every night after my showers to soften the skin and it seems to help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2007, 10:34 PM   #3
(female)

jezebel17 HB User

dont worry they'll fade on their own.I still have many scars on the inside of my arm from when i used to cut myself.I tried using skin lighteners to make them fade.They do help, but I stopped using them because they are too expensive.I was using epiqiun micro which was $100 dollars a tube.A much cheaper one is mederma.Its really good,but no one is going to care about some scratches on your arm.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:12 AM   #4
(female)

were2alike HB User
Question Re: Can I get rid of these scars and scratches??

Can anyone help me on should I see my doctor or not? I have a dark skin rash on my leg I first notice it in Feb,2007 because it use to hurt when touched and itch at the same time . now I have pain in my leg intermitted and sharp pain in my knee on my left side the same side the dark rash. Im thinking of seeing my doctor to see if its a side effect from my medication im on or is theres a dermatologist thing going on?

Old 06-18-2007, 12:30 AM   #5
(female)

jezebel17 HB User

yeah go to the doctor and start a seperate thread for ur question

Closed Thread