It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
(female)

Jenn812 HB User
Blister like bumps on the top of my hand and fingers

I get these blister like bumps on the top of my hands and along the side of my fingers. Sometimes I pop them and clear liquid comes out. I try to avoid doing this because after they pop they burn a little and itch terribly. If they don't pop, A week or so later they turn into a dry, red patch that still itches. It drives me crazy. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, how can I treat it? Thank you

Old 07-14-2007, 01:49 PM   #2
(female)

antsmarching81 HB User
Re: Blister like bumps on the top of my hand and fingers

Sounds a lot like what I had on my hands... my doctor told me it was a mild case of "dyshidrotic eczema". He gave me an ointment for it that cleared it right up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
(female)

Jenn812 HB User

I have been doing a little research on eczema and it does sound a lot like what I have. Thank you for responding. You wouldn't happen to remember what kind of cream you used would you? Was it over the counter or do I need a prescription? Thanks again.

Old 07-14-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
(female)

Jenn812 HB User

[QUOTE=Jenn812;3099132]I have been doing a little research on eczema and it does sound a lot like what I have. Thank you for responding. You wouldn't happen to remember what kind of cream you used would you? Was it over the counter or do I need a prescription? Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Old 07-15-2007, 02:20 PM   #5
(female)

antsmarching81 HB User

It was a prescription ointment, but I don't remember the name. Sorry. If you do a search for dyshidrotic eczema, you may be able to find some suggestions for over the counter creams that might work. Some of the pictures that came up for dyshidrotic eczema looked nothing like what I had...mine must have been not nearly as severe.

The doctor couldn't tell me what caused it either - he said it could have been a fungal infection, from sweating too much, or from stress. He said it was possible it would come back, but lucky it hasn't (yet).

Old 07-16-2007, 03:37 PM   #6
(female)

Jenn812 HB User

[QUOTE=antsmarching81;3100440]It was a prescription ointment, but I don't remember the name. Sorry. If you do a search for dyshidrotic eczema, you may be able to find some suggestions for over the counter creams that might work. Some of the pictures that came up for dyshidrotic eczema looked nothing like what I had...mine must have been not nearly as severe.

The doctor couldn't tell me what caused it either - he said it could have been a fungal infection, from sweating too much, or from stress. He said it was possible it would come back, but lucky it hasn't (yet).[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your help. I don't really sweat a lot at work, but I do tend to stress there, and that seems to be where the bumps come out at. They also use antibacterial soap there and I have to wash my hands all day long. I read that not only does it wash away the bad stuff it washes away the good too. Makes sense. I'm going to start taking my own soap to work. Take care.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:23 PM   #7
(male)

sclarke702 HB User

I get these little blisters all the time and the itching before drive me crazy and my doctor has been no help the blister come and go like 2 times a year.

Closed Thread