It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2007, 05:38 PM   #1
(female)

flowersx2 HB User
Excessive Sweating

I'm not sure if this is the right category for this or not. Looking for suggestions to help with hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating). Face, armpits, groin, feet and hands are all affected. Any recommendations?

Old 08-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #2
(male)

male08 HB User
Thumbs down Re: Excessive Sweating

TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE THINKING OF DRYSOL-
: First of all, Drysol is to applied during the evening before you go to bed because it is most active when you are not sweating and your sweat glands turn off during sleep. The problem with the product is it stings, burns, and itches all night while it is shrinking the pores in your armpit. Sleep will not be guaranteed what so ever. Also, the product only stays active on your skin for about a week. So if you have no problem loosing a night of sleep every week then go right ahead.

: Secondly, after getting out of bed in the morning you notice that your skin will burn and probably be red and irritated. You'll notice that washing your pits will become more difficult and putting on ANY deodorant WILL hurt/burn/sting for the next 30 minutes to an hour. If you can take pain for up to 4 days, then this product is still ok for you.

: Understand though, that this is purely what happened to me. Though I've tried the product numerous times it still does the same thing and it isn't cheap either! It DOES stop you from sweating and it is good in that way, but who wants to deal with pain every time you move your arm back and forth? -not me- Personally since I am a guy and I obviously don't shave my pits, I would guess that a girl who uses this product would have even more sensitivity and I would cringe to see her shaving her pits after a night using Drysol. -OUCH!- I'd say go for certain dry, which is what I'm planning on doing as soon as I can get to a local drugstore. I see it is 5.50 for a bottle of it, but hey, its cheaper that Drysol and I'm more willing to try that versus choosing Drysol.

: I strongly advise you to try the less painful route before you end up ruining your pits and turning this problem into a painful situation.

-GAVIN-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2007, 12:20 PM   #3
(female)

NYMommySI HB User
Re: Excessive Sweating

Actually it's a medical condition that can be treated or changed with surgery... and my friend had it. It was so embarrasing to her. She went to a doctor who recommended surgery. What they do is make small incisions in your arm pits and go through to the chest and cut off a sweat gland. This doesn't make you stop sweating less, but you stop sweating at your hands and feet but it comes out more in your back. My friend was very satisfied with her choice for surgery however she had a few complications... So that's just a suggestion.

Last edited by NYMommySI; 08-23-2007 at 12:21 PM.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:19 PM   #4
(female)

margiehope HB User

[QUOTE=flowersx2;3121294]I'm not sure if this is the right category for this or not. Looking for suggestions to help with hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating). Face, armpits, groin, feet and hands are all affected. Any recommendations?[/QUOTE]
Hi!

I have mostly cranio-facial HH (i.e. scalp and face). Quite a misery for several years--finally went on Avert (same thing as Robinul). It's been a wonderful help. My own derma mentioned dry mouth as if THAT was the worst thing in the world--I get a little, but not always and nothing in comparison to how I used to suffer.

Just read a paper on it which mentioned constipation, which hasn't been a problem. Anyway, I'd encourage you to look into it.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:52 PM   #5
(male)

falcone HB User

I had excessive sweating under my arms, like for no reason my arm pits sweat would stain my clothes pretty much instantly, anwhere.

My Doctor gave me a prescription for Anthdrol Forte (Aluminuim Chloride Hexahydrate).

Its a roll on to, and yeah stings a bit.

But I honeslty only have to apply it around every few months, for one ot two nights.

I had a bad sweating problem, and this was like a miracle, I couldnt believe it.

Although I think I have "compensatory sweat" on my chest and back, where I didn't sweat as much before. Not sweating for no reason, but if I walk a long distance perhaps.

The stuff worked wonders and its available over the counter also (UK).

Last edited by falcone; 10-12-2007 at 05:53 PM.

Closed Thread