It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2007, 10:06 PM   #1
(female)

nototouchtheart HB User
Exclamation I used 100% tea tree oil on my face! Please help!

Hello, I am new to this website and forum, but have seeked it out because I have a huge problem with the skin on my face. I used pure tea tree oil on my face above my lip a couple of weeks ago and have since had a large red, irritated spot on my face where I applied it, a little over an inch big. I am assuming the oil burned my skin, it stung really bad when I applied it. I didn't read the bottle before I used it and of course it says not to apply directly to the face without diluting. It is extremely obvious and I need major help and/or advice! I do not have money for a dermatologist and I have nobody to ask. Blistex and Bacitracin has helped a little bit but not much (it has scabbed over already) and I fear that my face will have this huge red/pinkish spot/scar forever. Is this possible? I am weary to put anything else on it, but I know I need to do something to help it heal. What else can I use to soothe the area and facilitate new skin growth there? Is there any hope that the area will turn back to normal pigmentation eventually? Should I use burn cream or aloe or something else? I would appreciatre any help or advice at all! Thank you very very very much!!!

Old 07-31-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: I used 100% tea tree oil on my face! Please help!

it's probably a superficial burn, meaning it might leave some irregular discoloration for a little bit but should heal and go away completely. I would put a antibiotic cream/gel on it several times a day (like Neosporin or a similar brand). Aloe may help in between to help soothe the burn as well (you can actually buy neosporin with aloe in it as well!) I did that when I scraped my face up earlier this year and was afraid of a big scar on my nose.. it has healed completely now with no scar.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
(female)

nototouchtheart HB User
Re: I used 100% tea tree oil on my face! Please help!

k - thanks so much!

Closed Thread