It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 04:07 AM   #1
(female)

drumstix21 HB User
Question What are these tiny, red, raised bumps on my legs and arms?

I've had these ever since I can remember. They don't itch or hurt or anything, they are just annoying to look at. I have them mostly on my upper legs and arms, but they are on my lower legs too. It looks like I have a tiny bump where every pore is. What is this and how do I get rid of it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #2
(female)

camina HB User
Re: What are these tiny, red, raised bumps on my legs and arms?

I would just like to tell you that you are not the only one with these red bumps. I have them in the exact places that you have mentioned - I have yet to figure out what they are or even how to get rid of them.

I will keep in touch if I come across anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2007, 07:51 PM   #3
(female)

andywarhol HB User

do your red bumps come and go? do you sometimes have perfect skin and then they appear out of nowwhere? b/c mine do : (

if they are like rough to the touch and dont come and go you might have keratosis pilaris. theres lots of different treatments. but dont waste your money on the expensive stuff like derma doctor or other stuff..go see a doctor or a dermatologist first and make sure thats what you have first!
he will probably tell you to use this stuff called amlactin you can get at walgreens.. its pretty cheap too..

but let me know if yours come and go!

Last edited by andywarhol; 08-14-2007 at 07:54 PM.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:09 PM   #4
(female)

NYMommySI HB User

I have that skin condition. I have bumps on my arms and a little bit on legs, but mostly arms bother me. I've also developed a need to scratch my arms all the time, so they're redder than usual. For me now it's a compulsive thing, when i'm stressing, i'm always picking at them. When i was little, i went to dermotologist and she prescribed 2 creams and within few weeks my arms were clean... But then I've stopped and it came back... I've noticed that after getting a good tan on my arms, that the skin becomes much better and disappears for a few months. Maybe it's some kind of sun light deficiency.. Gotta go to the doctor again.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:52 AM   #5
(female)

bjmoo HB User

YES! They come and go, often within seconds or no more than a minute or two. Any ideas what they are?
------------------------------
[QUOTE=andywarhol;3156084]do your red bumps come and go? do you sometimes have perfect skin and then they appear out of nowwhere? b/c mine do : (

if they are like rough to the touch and dont come and go you might have keratosis pilaris. theres lots of different treatments. but dont waste your money on the expensive stuff like derma doctor or other stuff..go see a doctor or a dermatologist first and make sure thats what you have first!
he will probably tell you to use this stuff called amlactin you can get at walgreens.. its pretty cheap too..

but let me know if yours come and go![/QUOTE]

Old 08-26-2007, 12:23 AM   #6
(female)

seal1964 HB User
Cool Re: What are these tiny, red, raised bumps on my legs and arms?

A magazine article said that if you use a loofah or some type of sponge to
bathe/shower you might get rashes/bumps. The reason is that most people
bathe or shower every day. The loofah or sponge does not have time to
completely dry out. The outside feels dry, but in the middle it is damp and
that lets bacteria grow. That causes the skin problem.
A woman in our office, her husband was using a loofah. He got the skin
rash and when he learned about the not drying out, he stopped using it.
Problem resolved. This might or might not be your problem. Be sure even
the washcloth is clean & dry, not wadded into a ball & still damp. Kids can't
wring out the washcloth as well as an adult. Hope this helps.
Good luck, Seal1964

Closed Thread