It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 07:04 AM   #1
(female)

camina HB User
Will I get dry skin if I go to a tanning salon?

I saw some lotions you can buy but they were ridiculously (sp?) expensive!

Also, how long before I start to see a nice tan on my body? After how many sessions?

Old 08-13-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Ladypepper HB User
Re: Will I get dry skin if I go to a tanning salon?

[QUOTE=camina;3152720]I saw some lotions you can buy but they were ridiculously (sp?) expensive!

Also, how long before I start to see a nice tan on my body? After how many sessions?[/QUOTE]

Dry skin, expensive lotions, "nice tan", = skin damage, skin cancers, melanoma, painful treatments, disfiguring scars, possible death.

Harsh? Possibly, and while everything you do is a personal decision which is your right, it needs to be said that there is no safe tan. Sometimes people just dont know - I didn't. I learned the hard way.

I used to tan regularly & I loved to be tan. The answer to your questions are easy - with lotions (any good lotion not just the over priced lotions they sell) you should be able to control any dry skin. Depending on your skin coloring, you could see results after the first session.

I just encourage you to make an educated decision on tanning - don't just do it cause you want to look tan. Look into the effects of tanning and the things that can happen to you.

Have a great day!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2007, 12:16 PM   #3
(male)

bellissimo45 HB User

stay away from tanning salons! my friend got melanoma

Old 08-14-2007, 09:39 PM   #4
(female)

___vintaqe HB User

I agree with everyone. STAY AWAY FROM TANNING BEDS! Being tan is awesome, but the price you pay to look tan is not worth it! My boyfriend was just diagnosed with a possible Stage 3 Melanoma, and he rarely goes out and tans. There are great solutions to being tan without damaging your skin. I think anymore the way to go is just getting a spray tan or a gradual self tanner.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

This is the worse thing what you can do to your health and sking. If you worry about dry skin, let me tell you - dry sking is nothing to compare to problems you may have later. People pay for this "fun" time with melanoma, they die from it. Dry skin is not attractive at all. So far you may be young and you still have that "sponge" , basal layer and collagen. Older you get - sponge disapears and you will end up with wrinkled saggy skin... now think if this worth it.
They have a lot of info on Internet, you may learn a lot about it.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:52 PM   #6
(female)

sheri76 HB User

I got my melanoma from tanning beds at 28 years old. There are other options than tanning beds. I kick myself for going now. It wasn't worth the 6 inch scar that I have and the painful surgery and the 22 other surgeries from atypical moles.

Closed Thread