It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
(male)

DerDichter17 HB User
Unknown itchy bumps

Earlier this year, around April, I began to notice a rash on my butt. I soon had lots of swollen bumps all over it. I went to a doctor who initially thought I was having an allergic reaction to something. I treated the condition this way but nothing changed. So I saw another doctor who contended the condition was eczema. I was treated for this as well but to no avail. At this same time I also began to itch all over my body. My skin seemed somewhat more dry than normal and was almost constantly itchy and irritated. Around mid May I got really nervous because the shaft of my penis started to get itchy. About a day after I noticed the itch I noticed some small bumps and was scared I had herpes. Well I went to the dermatologist and he said it didnt look like herpes but never really gave me a difinitive answer as to what the problem actually was. So anyways, another doctor thought I might have a staph infection, which I later found out was also not the case, though I used a cream that fights staph. Anyways, the dermatologist took a sample of the irritated skin from my butt and when the results came back he said it looked as though some sort of arthropods had gotten onto my skin and my body was having a reaction to them, and to their bites and possible burrowing under the skin. So he said he was going to treat it as though it were, and might in fact be, scabies. I was freaked out as I am a hygienic person. Well I used the cream called Permethrin, which I found out is basically a pesticide, and the itching on my body has mostly dissipated since then. However, my butt still has many swollen bumps on it that get very itchy. To make matters worse, I noticed itching on my genitals again today, and those small bumps had been gone for about 6 weeks or more. To make myself clear as to what the bumps are like, they simply itch, they never turned into sores and the eventually went away. But this crap is keeping me from wanting to start a relationship or being intimate with anyone! I am soo sick of it and the doctors havent been much help! I would appreciate anyone's input on the matter

The Following User Says Thank You to DerDichter17 For This Useful Post:
AJAJAJ (01-05-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2007, 08:23 PM   #2
(male)

Titanic Explore HB User
Re: Unknown itchy bumps

make sure you often change your bedsheets, its possible you are being bitten by mites and other bedbugs...

Old 08-20-2007, 10:28 PM   #3
(male)

DerDichter17 HB User

I have been doing that. I have been washing all of my bedding more regularly and towels and such alike. I'm just really worried and keep wondering after all of the other wrong diagnoses if this could be wrong too! But thank you for your response.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:30 PM   #4
(male)

ld3340 HB User

Wow, no envy here! I had a case almost like that, a couple of days after sex outside. We both got poison ivy off from the blanket. basically, it moves to the area you itch. I was absolutely miserable, it was summer and sweat made it much worse. Was never sure what kind it was, there 3 different ones here, and each are a little different symptoms. I used calamine lotion. Good luck, hope ya find a cure!

Closed Thread