It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2007, 06:20 AM   #1
(female)

Cspinx HB User
itchy, painful blisters on my fingers and toes!

A couple of years ago I started getting small blisters on my hands and feet. They start out small and flat, and I can see my pores filling up with clear fluid, then a few days later it will start to itch like crazy and that makes the blisters get bigger and become raised. The more I scratch, they pop, and then it spreads. The blisters then dry up and peel off, and start over again. I only get it on my fingers, in the same spots every time. At one time it was all over my toes as well, but they cleared up and haven't returned. I have been to the doctor several times, and they can never tell me what it is. The first time, she told me it was from my fingers sweating, so I always kept my hands dry and used powder all the time....that didn't help. The second time she thought it was ring worm, so she had it tested for any bacteria or viruses, and it came out negative. The third time, she had no answer and gave me an oral medication ( I forgot the name of it) and a steroid cream, and it worked only as long as I was taking it, as soon as I ran out, it came back. My dad said he gets it too, and im wondering if its a genetic thing, and if it has happened to anyone else, and if you know what it is, so I can finally get some real treatment for it.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
(female)

Wendy59 HB User
Re: itchy, painful blisters on my fingers and toes!

[B]I think I have your answer. This sounds like "*****ly heat". Here is some info I found online for you: [/B]

[I]The pores of the sweat glands get plugged, resulting in tiny pink bumps or even water blisters. These bumps tend to show up on covered parts of the skin, especially where there is friction from clothing. The forehead (under caps or visors), body folds, the upper back and chest, and the arms are the most common locations. *****ly heat is most common when it is hot and humid, but it can also occur in overdressed infants even during the winter.

Applying oils and ointments makes *****ly heat more likely (and take longer to clear up). Often *****ly heat itches, and some people describe a '*****ly' sensation. The rash can look quite similar to one caused by infected hair follicles (folliculitis), but if you look at the *****ly heat bumps with a magnifying glass, no hair follicles will be seen. I've also seen the itchy bumps of *****ly heat confused with chicken pox, or the rash from the chicken pox vaccine.

*****ly heat is treated with gentle cleansing of the skin. Try Stri-Dex Acne Medicated Sensitive Skin Pads - the salicylic acid helps to unplug the pores. Hydrocortisone cream (not ointment) can help with itching. Sometimes antihistamines are needed for the itching (and sleep). If the rash is infected, antibiotics may also be needed. With treatment, *****ly heat should disappear within 2 or 3 days.[/I]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
(female)

sue 07 HB User

[QUOTE=Cspinx;3210899]A couple of years ago I started getting small blisters on my hands and feet. They start out small and flat, and I can see my pores filling up with clear fluid, then a few days later it will start to itch like crazy and that makes the blisters get bigger and become raised. The more I scratch, they pop, and then it spreads. The blisters then dry up and peel off, and start over again. I only get it on my fingers, in the same spots every time. At one time it was all over my toes as well, but they cleared up and haven't returned. I have been to the doctor several times, and they can never tell me what it is. The first time, she told me it was from my fingers sweating, so I always kept my hands dry and used powder all the time....that didn't help. The second time she thought it was ring worm, so she had it tested for any bacteria or viruses, and it came out negative. The third time, she had no answer and gave me an oral medication ( I forgot the name of it) and a steroid cream, and it worked only as long as I was taking it, as soon as I ran out, it came back. My dad said he gets it too, and im wondering if its a genetic thing, and if it has happened to anyone else, and if you know what it is, so I can finally get some real treatment for it.[/QUOTE]

Old 10-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
(female)

sue 07 HB User

[QUOTE=Cspinx;3210899]A couple of years ago I started getting small blisters on my hands and feet. They start out small and flat, and I can see my pores filling up with clear fluid, then a few days later it will start to itch like crazy and that makes the blisters get bigger and become raised. The more I scratch, they pop, and then it spreads. The blisters then dry up and peel off, and start over again. I only get it on my fingers, in the same spots every time. At one time it was all over my toes as well, but they cleared up and haven't returned. I have been to the doctor several times, and they can never tell me what it is. The first time, she told me it was from my fingers sweating, so I always kept my hands dry and used powder all the time....that didn't help. The second time she thought it was ring worm, so she had it tested for any bacteria or viruses, and it came out negative. The third time, she had no answer and gave me an oral medication ( I forgot the name of it) and a steroid cream, and it worked only as long as I was taking it, as soon as I ran out, it came back. My dad said he gets it too, and im wondering if its a genetic thing, and if it has happened to anyone else, and if you know what it is, so I can finally get some real treatment for it.[/QUOTE]

I also have thes symptoms but tiny blisters. I looked it up on ****** and found its DISHIDROTIC DERMATITIS.Look it up, im sure thats what you have!!!!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to sue 07 For This Useful Post:
AzSunflower (09-30-2011)
Closed Thread