It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2007, 12:33 PM   #1
(female)

Margaret253 HB User
Facial pain

Within te[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="7"][SIZE="7"][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

For several years I have suffered from Scleroderma at present confined to my face. This makes my face and mouth stiff, very cold and painful, I am currently taking 1800mg of Gabapentin per day which helps with limited success to control the pain. In addition to Scleroderma I have Raynards syndrome in my tongue for which the medication is an infusion of Ilipost administered over a three day period twice a year. To add to this situation I have Trigeminal neuralgia in the right side of my face, for which I have had a balloon intervention in order to intercept the Trigeminal nerve,this proceedure has done little to relieve the neuralgic pain.
Eating continues to be a serious problem because of the stiffness and the pain and is further exacerbated by the hardness of a full set of artificial dentures. Within the next two months I am having new dentures made with a soft lining in the hope that they will help the situation.

Has anyone out there had the conditions I describe?
Are there any cures?
If so please share them with me.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Facial Migraines not Sinus Infection shurluk Sinus Problems 21 06-14-2009 09:13 AM
Burning/numbness nerve central pain & wheal & flare reaction/tmj/oro-facial pain vital33 Neuropathy 4 03-11-2008 07:11 PM
nerve central pain & wheal & flare reaction/tmj/oro-facial pain vital33 Neuromuscular Diseases 0 02-03-2008 12:17 AM
10 years of inflammation and facial numbness trucky Dental Health 8 09-26-2006 08:38 AM
Just diagnosed with facial neuropathy prairie_dawn Neuropathy 0 09-15-2006 09:42 AM