It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
(male)

katrar HB User
Red Itchy Patches/Rashes behind knees

Over the past several months I have developed red itchy rash like patches behind both knees. They have been present for over six months and the right is only about 1/2 to 1/3 as developed as the left. In fact very early I do not believe there was any rash/patch behing the right knee.

I have tried lotions, which have proved ineffective and I have tried athlete's foot cream as well with no results.

There is no cracking of the skin, no pus or other secretions. Only dark red blotchy skin that varies from mildly to sometimes very itchy.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? I am troubled that paying attention to this area while showering, using various lotions and anti fungal creams have done nothing.

Thank you for any help in understanding this. I have no family doctor as I am one of the 50 odd million medically uninsured Americans that have to rely on forums such as this as their primary medical resource.

Closed Thread