It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
(female)

nature_girl238 HB User
bumps that form when itch look like mosquito bites

bumps that form when itch look like mosquito bites

Old 10-10-2007, 10:06 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Evie4 HB User
Re: bumps that form when itch look like mosquito bites

I think you need to supply more information. That is so general it will be hard for people to answer.

When did it start?
How long have you had this?
Were on your body?
What does it look like? HOw many and how far apart?
Do you have allergies you know of?
Does it happen when you are in certain environments?

That's just start...add any more info that you can think of and you will likely get more information from others.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2007, 12:22 PM   #3
(female)

cutie1313 HB User

Not to freak anyone out, but even though it could be something that isn't worth a trip to the Emergency room...1st check your temperature.. this could be a rash and could be something very serious. If you have a low grade few --seek medical attention asap. things like menengitous (sorry about spelling) etc could be a problem. Or it could be simply poison ivy, poison sumak etc that is contagious (where no baths for you till it goes away). There are so many things that you really need to see a doctor. But, if you don't have a fever, make an appt with your regular dr to see if you need to see the derm.

Hope you feel better
Ta

Old 10-10-2007, 01:16 PM   #4
(female)

nature_girl238 HB User

it started about 2 days ago and i have it on my legs and arms. it looks like mosquito bites but not that and in random spots all over my arms and legs. and i dont know if i have allergies or not.

[QUOTE=Evie4;3251172]I think you need to supply more information. That is so general it will be hard for people to answer.

When did it start?
How long have you had this?
Were on your body?
What does it look like? HOw many and how far apart?
Do you have allergies you know of?
Does it happen when you are in certain environments?

That's just start...add any more info that you can think of and you will likely get more information from others.
[/QUOTE]

Old 10-10-2007, 03:06 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Evie4 HB User

You could have hives. The other poster is right, if you have a fever you should be checked out. I had terrible hives for a couple days once. I made the mistake of taking a hot bath, the welts spread in diameter to the point it all connected. It was really freaky. I've had minor hives before so I wasn't too alarmed. And it is itchy.

If there is fluid coming from them, don't scratch them as it could be something else that will spread and make it worse. You can take antihistamine for the itch, providing you are having an allergic response and you have taken antihistimines before. Benadryl is what most people take.

I'd say if you are getting worse, go to the doctor. Even if your regular doctor can't see you, see if you can see someone at the practice. If you are a student, go to your school's health center.

Oh, I have a site bookmarked with tons of pictures. It's a dermalogical reference site. I don't think I'm allowed to post the URL, but you can surf.

Closed Thread