It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2007, 01:28 AM   #1
(male)

froogle29 HB User
face constantly red/pimples becoming an issue

Hi all. I have recently turned 18 about 2 months ago and don't know if age plays a factor in my problem. About 1-2 years ago, my face was clean and red, but barely. Now, my face is always red and if its hot, my face gets even redder. My face has started to grow pimples, mainly around my chin and the skin right below the jaw/mouth (the neck? I'm not sure). I have tried acne facial products that contain salicylic acid such as Clean & Clear Ultra and I have tried other acne facial products that contain benzyl something (can't recall) Neutrogena Acne Therapy System, but these products not only didn't help, but it actually worsened my condition. My face became really dry for about a week and people would think that I'm dead drunk because I'm so red. Now, every time I come out of the shower, my face would stay nearly blood red for 2-3 hours...minimum, and then some of the redness goes away, but not all. If it gets hot or I feel nervous or embarrassed, my face turns blood red again. The only drastic changes I've made from 2 years ago is I'm not as physically active anymore and I drink alcohol every now and then, about once every 2-3 weeks average (what teenager doesn't drink for fun lol). Also, when I drink, I turn so red it's basically like I'm the color of a tomato. I'm not sure if it matters, but I do eat greasy foods, but I always have a healthy diet every once in a while. I drink soda every once in a while, but I try to avoid those high sugary products, and I drink coffee about 3-5 times a week. I'm really tired of people staring at me everyday because of this redness.

Does my acne and redness seem to be normal? Is there something wrong with my daily habits? Maybe it's possible that I have high blood pressure? Can someone please tell me what I should do or give me an idea of what could be wrong with me? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2007, 05:32 AM   #2
(female)

anxiety27 HB User
Re: face constantly red/pimples becoming an issue

Talk to your doctor about Rosacea!

Old 10-26-2007, 02:31 AM   #3
(male)

froogle29 HB User
Re: face constantly red/pimples becoming an issue

I just searched up Rosacea on google and it doesn't seem like my redness is as bad as the pictures I've seen. Maybe I have a minor case of it? However, I just contacted a doctor and can't get an appointment for about a month, which is why I'm so desperate to learn any possible way to treat my issue.

Closed Thread