It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 02:58 PM   #1
(male)

dansjuan HB User
Recurring problem - skin dies on thumb and fingers right hand

Hello, I want to describe a vexing recurring problem. It reoccurs every year around this time of year (oct/nov).

I get a rash on my right arm on the top, but only from about halfway between the elbow and hand down and only on the top side. On my fingers, the rash becomes small somewhat painful bumps (not too bad). But it only hits the thumb, index and middle fingers.

About a week after that, the rash clears up, but the skin on the inside of my thumb and on the sides of my index and middle fingers begins to die. Several layers of skin die and it peels off; the skin underneath is pretty senstive.

This goes on for another couple of weeks or so until the skin is again healed.

It is almost as if I grasped something with that hand.

To make it stranger, this had never happened to me until maybe five years ago and the first time it happened was on a trip to Mexico to a hot tropical area. And I've noticed that if I'm in hot weather in the fall (I often go to Mexico to see friends) this seems to bring the onset on faster. But even if I don't go, it reoccurs.

Very weird, I know. Does anyone have a weird skin problem that occurs on a yearly cycle like that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2007, 02:55 AM   #2
(male)

zaga HB User
Re: Recurring problem - skin dies on thumb and fingers right hand

Well i have a somewhat similar problem but very different, around this time of year my fingertips start to become somewhat chapped, even if im not outside too often but i just blame it on the cold weather.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread