It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
(female)

starry1812 HB User
Eyeshadow allergy?

Hi there

Can anyone help me?

I seem to have developed some kind of allergy to eye shadow. The past three times I've worn it (all different brands: Bobbi Brown, Nars and Clinique), my eyelids have become very swollen the day after, and in the crease of my eyelid the skin has become really dry and scaley. It's very itchy too.

The first time the swelling went down quite quickly and the scaley skin disappeared after a few days. This time it's taking much longer to go away and the scaley skin is much redder.

I can't understand what's going on...I've worn make up for 20 years and never had any kind of reaction like this. My skin has always been oily, and I've been able to wash it with anything and everything.

I have noticed that in the past 5 years or so it's become much drier (I'm 37 now, although people still think I'm about 10 years younger). I've been through quite a stressful time over the past few years, and I've been especially stressed over the past year (working very hard, and I also haven't had any time off at all for the past 18 months).

Please help! I have no idea what's happening, what's causing it, if it's going to go away again...I'm really confused, and it's getting me down.

Closed Thread