It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #1
(female)

Strawberry.hill HB User
Question What is this dry patch?

I developed a dry patch of skin on my forehead some months ago, and now one on my chin. This patch is just tough and dry, and peals. It's not a rash and does not itch. I use lotion constatly but does not help. That patch of skin feels like I am wearing a cover like bandaid.
Anyone knows what this is or what to do?
Thanks

Old 11-08-2007, 05:55 AM   #2
(female)

ljturner HB Userljturner HB Userljturner HB Userljturner HB User
Re: What is this dry patch?

I wish I could answer you, I came here with the same question. I have a peeling patch under one eye, over the other eye, on my nose, cheeks and chin. None of them itch, they just flake constantly no matter how much lotion I use. I wash with Cetaphil and wear only a little makeup and drink tons of water, nothing seems to help and it's year-round.

Can anyone out there help me and Strawberry?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
(female)

Strawberry.hill HB User

I used sesame seed oil last night before going to bed. It seemed to help, the dead skin peeled right off (as if I'd soaked it) and this morning it seemed a little better.
I have this sesame seed oil from Neutrogena that I use for after showers because the weather here is so dry. I have never used it on my face before, but I was desperate, since I can't stop picking at the peeling area.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:57 AM   #4
(female)

NikkiLynn HB User

Ok wow, finally someone with the same problem as myself (not that that is good) but I can never get an answer on this. I posted this message on dr weil and really got no significant answer here is my issue...

For over ten years I have had a problem with getting red dry splotches on my forehead and dry and red peeling skin around the corners of my nose and in my ears as well. I have tried evening primrose pills daily and I take omega three fish oil daily. I excercise and eat well and am currently doing a full body cleanse. I even have seen a medical doctor who said it is a rare skin affliction that affects what they call the T zone, across the forehead and ears and down through the nose area. This is really bothering me because of the way it looks on my head, people are always asking me what it is and my mom calls them my horns. What can I do?

Just to be a bit more specific, The two circles on my head are red and the skin flakes a lot. After I shower and wash my face it gets horribly dry and flakey if I don't apply a moistorizer. I use borage oil, but lately I have been trying oxygenated olive oil which I get some relief from but they are still there.

HELP

Is this similar to what you guys have going on?
Nik

Old 08-30-2008, 08:16 PM   #5
(male)

mkapzy HB User

I have had dry patches (about the size of a nickel) of skin around both eyes intermittently. They usually occur in the summer time. They sometimes itch in the early stage and then the skin gets hard and dried out. They start to become flakey in a couple of days and have a white appearance due to the dead upper layers of skin. I suspect an allergy, but haven't discovered what food or environmental factor as yet. It could be something that I eat which is more prevalent in the summer, like fresh bing cherries, strawberries, blueberries, etc., or an allergy to cut grass and lawn mowing An over the counter hydrocortisone cream should help, but I use Desoximetasone Ointment USP, 0.25% applied very carefully with a cotton swab. It is very important not to get any of the cream in or close to the eyes. The patch is usually gone in a day or two.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:24 PM   #6
(female)

Lynae76 HB User

Psoriasis maybe? Just a shot in the dark...

Closed Thread