It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 09:36 AM   #1
(male)

hills2000 HB User
Bottom lip skin not healing. Chaps over and over

hi i have a question about my lips.
I was diagnosed a year ago with genital herpes and ever since that contact wtih an individual i have noticed my lips began to wrinkle up. That wasnt soo bad. Then it just kept progressing little by little till im where i am now. Current status is my lips first began to chap and the dead skin remained on my lip (primarily on the bottom half of my lip where the opening of mouth is) as i used chapstick. Then it fell off and i thought ok now the new skin would follow behind it. Nope. From that day My bottom half of lip closest to mouth opening has not grow new skin back to protect my lip so it just keeps on chapping up and i can see hard dead skin grow on it but it just comes right off. I have tried letting it dry and going aroudn with it like so without putting any vaseline or chapstick on it but then it j ust cracks and begins to flake off and i have skin sticking out of my lips. When i put vaseline or chapstick on then as the time goes on with it staying so moist then the chapped area begins too look really white from the dry skin staying so moist and it looks ugly so i whipe it off with my shirt then re apply chapstick but then you are able to see the difference in my bottom lip from the area that has the normal skin which is bottom half of lip from the area that has really no protective skin at all which would be upper half of bottom lip. Its just really smooth with no little lines in in like when you look really closely at your skin you can see some sort of lines on it. It almost looks like i am sticking my bottom lip out like a baby would pout when he dont get soemthing he wants but im not. This is one of the many symptoms i am having but i do not have any cold sores and this symptom happens all the time no matter what the weather is like. During the heat of the day my lips burn like they are on fire both bottom and top whether i put on a protective chapstick or vaseline. Im just tired of people looking at my lips when they talk to me instead of looking at me in the eyes. Anyone have anything similar to this problem? I believe this is some sort of infection but i have gone into a physician and this is the same one that didnt know anything about my genital herpes and he just said its dryness. Now i can figure that one out but i feel its caused by something else that im looking to eliminate. Any information is appreciated. Dont know how much longer i can handle this. thanks you guys

The Following User Says Thank You to hills2000 For This Useful Post:
rhcp9 (11-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #2
(male)

hills2000 HB User
Re: Bottom lip skin not healing. Chaps over and over

anyone have seen anything like this before?

Closed Thread