It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
(male)

hanolith HB User
Severe Itching.

Alright so I have sensitive skin and durring the winter months, or when it gets cold and dry my skin gets very dry and itches. Its not a mild itch like many get on our nose etc its an irritated itch that almost feels dry, kind of similar to the itch associated with a rash.

The past few years I have gotten these little red bumps on my legs, al the way down, kinda resemble pimples, and I often dont notice them, they dont specificaly hurt or itch its just like a little red bump. Im not sure if this is part of the itching condition as I have no red bumps on my back arms or shoulders and they itch like mad as well.

My leg usualy itch the worst, and the past 2 days they have been so severe that its hard to ignore. They itch like mad fron the ankle into the groin area, the worst itchin is in the groin area specificaly the thighs, though my genitals and pubuc region dont seem to itch at all.

I cant see anything visible, such as a rash etc.

It seems to come and go, it wont itch for a little bit then all of a suddon the itching starts like crazy. It seems worse if I sit or lie motionless, as If I get up and walk around its barely noticeable.

I havent changed soaps and as far as I know the laundry detergant and fabric softeners I use havent changed either.

My scalp is also very itchy, almost like dandruff only the flakes dont come off as easily. I did have dandruff before but I got rid of that.

Any ideas this is driving me insane. I cant figure out whats causing it, and it has gotten so bad in the past couple days, mainly my legs and groin area.

Much help apreciated, thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2007, 11:29 AM   #2
(male)

hanolith HB User
Re: Severe Itching.

Ive been doing some reading, do you think this could be jock itch? The itching seems to get worse if I sweat. I still cant see any visible rash or anything, the skin just feels irritated, There is a slight red rough irritated looking area on my left buttock but that is possibly from scratchig. There was no itching at all this morning when I woak up, it was only after I put on my jeans and began was up and around I noticed the itching came back. I nocied this started around the time sweat began to show up down there. Or could it be an allergic reaction to something?

Last edited by hanolith; 11-24-2007 at 01:46 PM.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:15 AM   #3
(female)

Mossflower HB User
Re: Severe Itching.

If you have a skin condition, sweating will probably aggravate it. You could be allergic to the laundry soap you're using; you could try switching it out to a hypo-allergenic one.

The only way to really know is to go to a doctor. I replied to an earlier post about ecze. You could try Cort-aid cream, an OTC product. There is also a cort-aid spray that works pretty well too and kills the itching.

I would suggest seeing a doctor for a diagnosis and then securing treatment at that point.

[QUOTE=hanolith;3320388]Ive been doing some reading, do you think this could be jock itch? The itching seems to get worse if I sweat. I still cant see any visible rash or anything, the skin just feels irritated, There is a slight red rough irritated looking area on my left buttock but that is possibly from scratchig. There was no itching at all this morning when I woak up, it was only after I put on my jeans and began was up and around I noticed the itching came back. I nocied this started around the time sweat began to show up down there. Or could it be an allergic reaction to something?[/QUOTE]

Closed Thread