It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 07:06 AM   #1
(male)

shaunt01 HB User
Skin Problems

Since last winter it started to get cold out. And at football practice i would notice that when i started to get my body warm in the cold i would itch like crazy. After a while i would stop itching but there were really tiny dots all over my body. Even when im cold and i walk into a hot room i start to itch and then turn really red in small *****ly spots. Then in the summer months i would breakout heavily when i sweat after running or when my body reaches a certain tempature i would look scaley but only itch for a little bit. Even sometimes when i get nervous i would itch really bad and turn red. I am a teen and african american. IT is really tuff every single day to just make it through i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I been to all kinds of doctors allergens dermatologist disease docs..you name it. NONE of them had an answers..not hives...tried histimines benedrayle all kinds of hives meds...this is like a last resourt..if anyone has a clue please respond. Thank You

Old 12-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User
Re: Skin Problems

How discouraging when the doctors are not even sure of what's going on!
It sounds somewhat like heat rash. Sounds silly in the colder weather but when you begin sweating and your clothes rub on your skin a rash can develop. More so in the hot months.
I really am just guessing here, sorry. I always tell my family, when they have heat rash, raw skin, etc. to try the medicated Gold Bond powder. (That and pepto is all I need!) May help with the itching and help cool your skin.
Dollar General has their own brand of the powder and it's only a $1! Really have nothing to lose since you've tried everything else it sounds like.
Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread